Thursday, November 6, 2008

Brief Contemplation Regarding A Call To Action...

An anonymous reader has found him or herself disappointed in me and this blog. I initially shrugged this comment off because I am under no compulsion to please anyone with my brainspew and honestly the comment was hardly scathing enough to illicit anger or bemusement. I then read a comment from a fellow blogger who does not share my politics but shared that the only fruit that I can expect to come from my carping to black folks is more of the same (carping that is). That agonizing over our social ills and berating them is not productive. So I am humbled and offering my deepest and sincerest apology to my readers for not being a part of the solution. I am going to spend some time trying to figure out what it is that I can do to be a part of the solution.

Then I read an op-ed written by Shelby Steele this morning and he writes: "But true reform, like the civil rights victories of the '60s, never happens until people become exhausted with their suffering."

So now I'm in a quandary..... But, I'll figure something out. There has to be someway to reach the my brothers and sister in a positive and productive way. Stay tuned.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

RE "That agonizing over our social ills and berating them is not productive. So I am humbled and offering my deepest and sincerest apology to my readers for not being a part of the solution."

Your "brainspew" inspires me. I don't perceive that you are simply agonizing and carping, but are putting a message out there about right and wrong. At the very least, you are being a positive example of being a black fiscal and social/religious conservative.

What you do for me is make me feel not alone. Living my life as a former single mom, turned married mom; living my life as a person who used to be on welfare, but now owns a business; as person who has worked hard to obtain the things I want in life despite the odds; as a person who strives to learn what God wants and live that way; as a person who loves teaching others and has tried to make a difference in our community to often find that individuals are not always willing to do what needs to be done to help themselves, I feel alone. I have no black friends who share my conservative views.

You make me feel like there are others like me who are my color and I appreciate you.

In this world, where wrong is called right and right is called wrong, you benefit the world be speaking truth.

I sincerely THANK YOU.

Fitts said...

Wow!!! This blog is the business!! I am glad I stopped by. I will put you on my blog as a blogger who cuts it straight.

When you have a chance read "Social Conservatives Trapped in a Liberal Party" and "Round Two Political Talking Points" on my blog.

Grace & Peace,

DeAntwan

Unknown said...

This is the companion teaching to "Gospel Call for Compassionate Action" and represents the other half of the foundational vision.The call for action, that requires the peace of contemplation illuminated by the gift.
----------------------

jnnywllms

consumer generated media

Nickie Goomba said...

This is one heck of a blog. I'll be back to visit often. Keep up the good work and keep spreading the truth.

The Black Sphere said...

There is no quandry. This is equivalent to asking a lunatic to teach logic! Black people, there is this thing called "tough love". We used to teach it to our kids, until they started earning more than us "slinging". We have stopped being parents and forgotten how. Now we don't want to be treated like kids, which is how we act.

Don't shoot the messenger for telling you what you already know, and not delivering it gently enough. You just elected a man who decries the White woman who raised him, and exalts the father who abandoned him...stupid. There I said it FOR Conservative Black Woman.

Can we find a balance in teaching the IGNORANT, perhaps?! But until more of us at least act like we have a brain, then I'm gonna keep bringing it to you on the REAL!

We need to be the new Black Panthers within our own party!! That's pathetic!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure people wanted Henry Highland Garnet to shut up. Or Frederick Douglass. Or Booker T Washington. Or WEB DuBois. Or Marcus Garvey. Martin Delany. Maria Stewart. Ida B Wells-Barnett. Frances Harper. David Walker...etc. Folks definitely wanted Jeremiah, Isaiah, Elijah, Elisha and all the other prophets, and finally, Jesus, to shut up. Keep on CBW. Be a voice in the wilderness.

--Angela