Thursday, February 5, 2009

Black Quasi-Socialist Progressive Fundamentalist Racism Chaser Jill Nelson is Angry with The MSM Coverage Of Barack Obama

When I first read the title of Ms. Nelson's article, The Audacity Of Whiteness Framing Barack Obama.I wanted to vomit. I thought what the hell is she thinking? The MSM is publicly fellating Barack Obama, has she lost her damn mind? After reading her article her point is that there are not enough black journalist covering him....blah, blah, blah. My thought is that the white journalist are eating enough of PSBO's bile and NOT doing their jobs. I can only imagine how bad it would be if there were more black journalist in the White House press corp. I mean, if white journalist can't remain unbiased then how could we expect black journalist to so. PSBO is so "inspirational" that professional acumen is no longer a job requirement. Just ask Chris Matthews about all of the "thrills" shooting down his leg when he hears PSBO speak.

That being said, I am sorry that journalist are losing jobs(although I am seething with disdain for them for betraying public confidence). But, journalism is died in 2008. They need to embrace the "change" and find another line of work. Politics perhaps....PSBO is hiring.

71 comments:

Naima said...

While I disagree with you CBW, I am with you on this but maybe for different reasons.
Black folks let Obama go on and on during the campaign to kind of disassociate with blackness. From not going to any King ceremonies to giving black folks lectures, no one in the campaign stood up for Michelle regarding O'Rileys "lynching comments" Many blacks folks would tell other black folks don't complain b/c once he will get in there he will change and finally be able to be "himself" and "hook us up" Look at who worked for his campaign in the upper ranks and look at his cabinet, there aren't anymore blacks than there was in a white presidents candidtates. He wants the best people for the job, and black folks were all patting him on the back for that thinking that means we would get more opportunites, while failing to realize that b/c of money, history and nepotism there still wouldn't be a lot of black faces.
Black media is an utter joke. We needed black folks in the press corps in the 80s when our communities were going downhill b/c of crack and we needed black folks there during the housing boom to question the quality of these mortgages. And now they are all interested just so they can provide a sociologically perspective on Obama and probably not ask him any questions of substance and ask Michelle who does her hair.

uptownsteve said...

Omigod CBW!!!

What is your problem with this article?

Jill Nelson is dead on.

As much as you black righties would wish that black America be pacified by a black man in the White House, that doesn't change the racial realities of everyday folks.

The White House Press Corps remains overwhelmingly white and it's not because white folks are just better writers and reporters.

And your assertion that Obama got a pass or media fellatio from the MSM is just plain bizarre.

Obama spent a month dealing with the Rev. Wright issue when McCain's ties to wacko rightwing Minister Hagee weren't even touched.

Or how about Palin's husband being a member of a racist separatist Alaska movement???

And the double standard continues.

How about Uncle Juan Williams dissing Michele Obama?

Since when does the media go after the President's wife (outside of Hillary Clinton who made herself a figure)?

Why, when coonservatives like Williams are trying to impress Massa by being tough on the HNIC.

Anonymous said...

I find it interesting that you are still referring to Obama as "President Elect". I realze that you found a clever acronym to name him, but this fact is still intriguing. Please carry on...

Conservative Black Woman said...

Naima~I'm not at all surprise by Pres. Obama's party picks. He never promised black folks a thing. Those who expected some sort of "hook-up" ....well, I have no words for them I just can't fathom that mentality. How one can not know that Barack Obama is a "tool" who has been purchased by unions,lobbist and the like are at best naive. Now, I'm not saying that past presidents haven't been "tools" well.

UptownSteve~White folks with power are not swayed by Jill Nelson "whining and complaining" they have been absolved of all white guilt. The way they see it is "black America" you have your black president... be inspired and shut the hell up.

Is it fair? No. But it is what it is. My problem in no so much with Jill's complaints but with MSM PERIOD. Well, actually the setting Barack Up part is preposterous to me. The media is enamoured (sp) with PSBO. He can do no wrong. They are soft on him. If you can't see that then you are in "willfull" denial because I know your are insightful enough to pick up on it.

Why do you insist that Black conservatives are trying to impress "massa". My Master is the the Lord Jesus Christ. Actually most of the White folks I know are in love with Barry so I am not winning any "Negro of the year" awards from them. But I notice that you fixate quite a bit on "what white folks think" -- perhaps you care more that we black conservative types do.

Conservative Black Woman said...

Actually Anonymous, I refer to him as President Select. Note that I write PSBO not PEBO.

uptownsteve said...

"White folks with power are not swayed by Jill Nelson "whining and complaining" they have been absolved of all white guilt. The way they see it is "black America" you have your black president... be inspired and shut the hell up."

No CBW, that's what people like YOU want.

For black folks to just shut up and be happy.

Not going to happen CBW.

We're going to make noise until things are done right.

And as far as "white guilt", the notion itself is absurd.

I never met a white person in my life who felt guilty about race or what America did to black folks.

Conservatives seem to think black folks unworthy of respect so any white person who doesn't hate or fear blacks is somehow ridden with "guilt".

"But I notice that you fixate quite a bit on "what white folks think" -- perhaps you care more that we black conservative types do."

I didn't mention one word about what "white folks think."

You did, in the first paragraph I referenced.

Anonymous said...

We're facing a second great depression brought to us by three republican presidents, reagan, bush one, bush two with some help from republican lite, Clinton.

Just like in the twenties, the great depression was brought on by three republican presidents:

Warren G. Harding Mar 4, 1921 Aug 2, 1923
Calvin Coolidge Aug 2, 1923 Mar 4, 1929
Herbert C. Hoover Mar 4, 1929 Mar 4, 1933

So President Obama, like FDR has been chosen to save America and democracy from the republicans.

Let him do his job.

Conservative Black Woman said...

"UptownSteve~You wrote"Why, when coonservatives like Williams are trying to impress Massa by being tough on the HNIC."

and you also write:"I didn't mention one word about what "white folks think."

Um, come again? How can one one try to impress "massa" unless they are concern w/"massa's" thoughts?

You also write:"I never met a white person in my life who felt guilty about race or what America did to black folks." They may not feel guilt in that they feel remorseful -- I don't know I'm not white. But, I am sure that they feel relief that we can't or at least they were hoping that we would stop playing the race card at every turn since we are now "uplifted" by our Black President. But old habits die hard I guess...we will keep begging white folks to love us, like us, accept us. Don't you know racism is a "heart" condition and it will never go away. The best we can do is OUR best because the law is on our side and let people feel the way they feel. A white person's racism doesn't mean doo-doo to me as long as I get what I am legally entitled to. I don't need "massa's" love, I need my families love...you dig?


Anonymous~You write:"Let him do his job."

How, praytell Can I stop him? Not that I want to, he wasn't my choice but he is my President Select now as well. I agree the economy needs fixing...I'm hurting too. I am just sickened by the Obama worship as if he is above reproach and if anybody dares to look at him and his record critically they are somehow racists(if they are white) and coons, sell-out, Tom, Aunt Jemima's if they are black. My sin as a black woman is I am FREE enough not to be bullied into GROUP THINK.

uptownsteve said...

"They may not feel guilt in that they feel remorseful -- I don't know I'm not white."

CBW, I have met many white folks, mostly conservative, who have verbally expressed "if we knew it was gonna be this much trouble we would have picked the damn cotton ourselves!"

"But, I am sure that they feel relief that we can't or at least they were hoping that we would stop playing the race card at every turn since we are now "uplifted" by our Black President."

This is absolutely insane.

CBW, racism is not going to disappear because of Obama's election and we are not going to be quiet about it.

Obama didn't even get a majority of the white vote. There are a whole lot of white folks furious about his election and are acting out.

But this "race card" nonsense coming from a black person is too much to take.

Being black has never been an advantage in America nor some kind of bludgeon we hold over the heads of white folks to get our way.

THAT IS RIGHTWING PROPOGANDA AND GARBAGE.

Heck, Bush stacked the federal courts with rightwing judges who set the bar so high for proving racial discrimination that a white discriminator would have to practically be wearing a klan robe in order for a plaintiff to win a civil rights case.

Yet it seems almost every month some white person suing for "reverse discrimination" wins a settlement and a court case against affirmative action.

What planet do you live on my sista.

The only folks who have effectively played the race card and benefitted in America are white folks.

Conservative Black Woman said...

"THAT IS RIGHTWING PROPOGANDA AND GARBAGE"

Call it what you like it's the way I feel and I profit in no way by feeling this way. So if it's propaganda I'm not a distributor, just a one woman's opinion.

"The only folks who have effectively played the race card and benefitted in America are white folks."

Exactly my point. The race card thing is tired. You, Jill Nelson, Field Negro, Prof. Tracy, and all of the other angry black folks can yell all you want to. It's just an exercise in futility. As for me and my house & blog we will not dwell on something that will never change as long as we are on planet earth. Again, I say Racism is a heart condition.

DJ Black Adam said...

Shalom CBW:

You wrote:

"Again, I say Racism is a heart condition."

That is true, we can't change hearts, but RACISM is also a sociological systemic actuality, and as for the social political ramifications, that is something that has to be dealt with.

Fact is, sure, PRESIDENT Obama on one hand is getting some special treatment, on the other hand he is always an inch away from being just another n!&&@, or worse "the angry blackman", etc., He does get some advantage because he is African American on how he is treated, however, I think he just manages the disadvantages in a very interesting way.

Toda

uptownsteve said...

"Fact is, sure, PRESIDENT Obama on one hand is getting some special treatment."

LIKE WHAT???????

Be specific.

"Again, I say Racism is a heart condition."

And I agree that changing hearts and minds is a futile exercise.

I'm concerned with racist BEHAVIOR, like discrimination, and will fight it until my last breath.

DJ Black Adam said...

@Steve:

I wrote:

""Fact is, sure, PRESIDENT Obama on one hand is getting some special treatment."

You replied:

"LIKE WHAT???????"

He' a media darling right now, aside from Faux News, the man has been getting some pretty kid glove treatment since th DNP Primaries.

Jus saying...

uptownsteve said...

Oh geez.

I said be specific dude.

What President didn't get an initial press honeymoon?

Damn, he's only been in office two weeks!

Conservative Black Woman said...

UptownSteve~If you don't get it then you just don't get it.

Chris Matthews a "supposed" journalist said "It's my job to get this guy elected".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF7QwOXit7k

That certainly isn't Hardball...but then again...
he did also said he get thrills shooting down his leg when he hears Obama speak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4sETPrXJEQ

But Chris Matthew isn't the only one George Stephenopolis (sp) who is a democratic party operative posing as a journalist was moved to tears on election night according to his wife. Oh yeah, he participates in a morning conference call with Rahm Emmanual, Robert Webb other cabinet officials...what the hell is that about?

They have been handling him with kit gloves since he won the democratic nomination--maybe even before but I wasn't paying too much attention to him then.

Blair said...

@ anonymous

"Just like in the twenties, the great depression was brought on by three republican presidents:"

Maybe the Roaring 20s bubble had to burst eventually.

What about the 3-decades long depression of late 1800s? A period of deflation, high unemployment and foreclosures. Gold standard began 1873 with (unconstitutional) Sherman Law, the common man had silver money. Much talk about globalism. There were no 2-term presidents and every election presidency flip-flopped between Dems and Repubs. Congress allied with Wall St rushed through bailout after bailout (like today). Rich got richer, poor got poorer. Things got so bad a 3rd party (Populists) came along. Dems adopted silver platform, with William Jennings Bryan nominated with most famous speech in American history ("Cross of Gold"). But Dems still lost to repub McKinley. McKinley was reelected, presided over return to prosperity with high tariffs and gold reform and assinated 1901. Repub VP Teddy Roosevelt was called the trust buster, breaking up corporate monopolies and continuing the prosperity and progressive era.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_McKinley
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Era
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Jennings_Bryan

The point is you can cherry pick history to prove anything. Chronology is not cause and effect--depends on content of policies. Ralph Nader said Dems and Repubs are 2 heads of the same corporate beast. There's very little difference between GW Bush and Obama on economics- W spent like crazy and O wants to spend more crazy. Seems little difference on foreign policy so far. Only obvious difference is how media has treated them.

You might say this bad economy has gone on for decades b/c real wages haven't increased since early '80s. But there's no sizable 3rd party to pressure a course change. Big difference now is govt school not teaching generations of Americans the basics. In 1800s most schools were religious. When you compare what politicians said then and now, wow! how far we've declined.

It's not about skin color or party label. It's about content and values.

Anonymous said...

In an interview with Hotline, Rep. Pete Sessions (R-TX) said the Republican party will have to be come an “insurgency” to counter Democratic majorities in the House and Senate, and added that the Taliban can serve as “a model”:

“Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban,” Sessions said during a meeting yesterday with Hotline editors. “And that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person’s entire processes. And these Taliban — I’m not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that’s not what we’re saying. I’m saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with.” […]


mmmmm...makes me want to be a conservative....errrummm Republican...such smart people they are with such deep thougts...

Digital Publius said...

Juan Williams is a conservative? NPR better not find out. It's all coming together now, his voting and supporting Barack Obama is just a beard, to cover his status as closeted conservative who only pretends to take the liberal side in discussions on FOX.

uptownsteve said...

"Juan Williams is a conservative?"

Juan Williams is a bottom dwelling mercenary.

Same difference.

uptownsteve said...

CBW,

I'll raise your Chris Matthews with the rightwing troglodytes over at Fox who did everything but call Obama an Islamic terrorist or an uppity nigger.

I mean you righties crack me up.

Anyone who criticizes Bush's pathetic record (which is out there for all the world to see) is a "blame America first", terrorist sympathizing victimologist according to you yet you somehow feel that you're being "courageous" for a being a black person who gleefully attacks the first black President two weeks into office.

I find it sad.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is just sad. You have a woman here, who shares her opinion, and because it is diffferent than others, everyone throws in the race card. That is amazing to me. As a white, who loves and serves my Lord Jesus, over any elected official, I am convinced, now fully, that indeed, we will not get past racism. Not because of those who hate each others races. Because of those who like to stir the pot, in both camps. How sad! I guess I better start liking everything our new president does, cuz otherwise I am a racist! CBW I love to read what you have to say. I am grateful to hear your grace under pressure. Thanks for putting your self out there, and taking the hits. I imagine that since I am white, those who say you are pandering to us, will say, well, there is the love she is looking for from that one white *^*&*^. But for me, I see that we are sisters in Christ. And that trumps it all. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

"That being said, I am sorry that journalist are losing jobs(although I am seething with disdain for them for betraying public confidence). But, journalism is died in 2008. They need to embrace the "change" and find another line of work. Politics perhaps....PSBO is hiring."

ROFLMBAO, CBW you are a funny. If I didn'nt know you were married I'd propose. Lovin' your rightwingin' mind sistah. You right if they don't get it then they don't get it. Keep doing what you do.

Peace

uptownsteve said...

"As a white, who loves and serves my Lord Jesus, over any elected official, I am convinced, now fully, that indeed, we will not get past racism."

Oh please stop it.

White folks like you just love any black who grins in your face and corroborates your sense of superiority.

Anonymous said...

Uptown Steve, You don't know me to know that! That is simply not true. And just one very hateful statement!!

Conservative Black Woman said...

Anonymous wrote~

"But for me, I see that we are sisters in Christ. And that trumps it all. God bless you."

Yes, and Amen!!!

UptownSteve, It's a "God Thang" I won't say that you wouldn't understand...You Do. You just have more fun being the resident contrarian.

uptownsteve said...

"It's a "God Thang" I won't say that you wouldn't understand...You Do."

What does God have to do with attacking Obama?

"You just have more fun being the resident contrarian."

No, I just enjoy intellectual jousting.

I get bored on blogs where everyone agrees with me.

JudyBright said...

Please explain how black conservatives are trying to impress "massa" with their conservative thoughts, but the same is never said of black liberals?

Because it seems to me that there are a lot of white liberals as well as white conservatives. I'm sure white liberals think that black conservatives are idiots.

What's with all the slavery terminology anyway?

Conservative Black Woman said...

UptownSteve~"What does God have to do with attacking Obama?"

A. Obama has not been attacked in this particular blog post.

B. The problem I have isn't with PSBO as with Christians who supported and voted for him. As Christians we are called to be the salt and light of the world and with PSBO's voting record in state senate and later in congress I couldn't reconcile supporting him.

I welcome intellectual joustling but dang you can be brutal. My skin is tough so bring it on....

Conservative Black Woman said...

"Please explain how black conservatives are trying to impress "massa" with their conservative thoughts, but the same is never said of black liberals?"

Excellent point JudyBright. UptownSteve can you address that? Following your own logic which "white liberal elistist" are you pandering to? UptownSteve don't you see how foul it is to operate that way? Why am I a stepitfetchit and you are not?

uptownsteve said...

"Please explain how black conservatives are trying to impress "massa" with their conservative thoughts, but the same is never said of black liberals?"

Oh that's easy.

Because black conservatives use their own people as whipping boys (ie CBW's attacks on Obama) and then go running back to white folks claiming their undying loyalty (ie CBW to Anonymous).

NEXT.

uptownsteve said...

"Why am I a stepitfetchit and you are not?"

Because I don't gratuitously attack my own people for the pleasure of white bigots.

This is not complicated.

Conservative Black Woman said...

Oh, I get it. As a black woman it is positively taboo to ever critzize the actions of another black person particularly in a public forum because by so doing it reinforces the hatred & oppression of black folks of the whites who might be watching.

NOT, like I said uptownsteve I will not be "shackled" by group think and speak.

I am a child of the Most High King of Kings and Lord of Lords and I will stand on His word whether black quasi-socialist progressive fundamentalist racism chasers like it or not. See, who the Son sets free is free indeed.

uptownsteve said...

CBW

Stop with the victimology.

Black conservative gleefully serve as mouthpieces for white resentment and bigotry.

That's where you get your "off the plantation" credentials.

"I am a child of the Most High King of Kings and Lord of Lords and I will stand on His word whether black quasi-socialist progressive fundamentalist racism chasers like it or not. See, who the Son sets free is free indeed."

I'll ask once again.

What does God or Jesus Christ have to do with attacking Obama?

And don't you think that if there was a just and jealous God watching over us that he would have put a lightning bolt right between George Bush's eyes for lying to invade Iraq and wasting thousands of young Americans and tens of thousands of Iraqis?

JudyBright said...

OOOOh, ok now I get it. Lemme try to understand.

A black person can not hold the following positions:

1. Being pro-life
2. Low taxes
3. Small Federal Government

How sad! How are these racial positions? How sad that only one position is acceptable for a black person to hold when all other ethnicities can hold a variety of views without being accused of betraying their race.

Why are the views of black people only evaluated on the basis of what white people think of these positions? If "white people" think a position is good, then it's bad, and if "white people" think a position is good, then it's bad.

What am I missing here?
Would it be acceptable for a black person to be conservative if white people didn't exist?

Conservative Black Woman said...

UptownSteve~Victimology isn't on my dance card thats what you and your crew relies on.

Look, God allowed PSBO to hold this office for a reason and His Will will be done. I did what I was called to do by not voting for him the rest in up to Him.

I'm sorry that you have not received your "off the plantation credentials" I am hopeful that one day you will be able to think freely without fear of retribution from those who look like you.

DJ Black Adam said...

@Judy:

"If "white people" think a position is good, then it's bad, and if "white people" think a position is good, then it's bad.

What am I missing here?
Would it be acceptable for a black person to be conservative if white people didn't exist?"

Minister Louis Farrakhan WOULD be consider conservative if he weren't the leader of the NOI.

Let's be real here, Black Conservatives are under attack (justified or not) because by mutual implication they identify (or are identified) with the culture of racism and fear mongering from the GOP (Hlms, Thurmond, Buchannon, Duke, etc.)

Find me a Black Conservative that doesn't lock step with the GOP (i.e. Minsiter Farrakhan) and Black people will listen.

Jus saying...

uptownsteve said...

"I'm sorry that you have not received your "off the plantation credentials" I am hopeful that one day you will be able to think freely without fear of retribution from those who look like you."

Oh this is just pathetic.

Don't you see that somehow you consider yourself "courageous and special" just because you gratuitously take positions most blacks don't take?

How is aligning yourself with people who have opposed every form of black advancement since the Emancipation being "off the plantation."?

Do you honestly believe that 90% of us are stupid and you 8 or 9% of black righties are the only ones who see clearly?

Can't you see how bizarre that is?

Especially since our side has put a black man in the White House, 2 blacks in governorships, 1 in the senate, 42 in the House, numerous mayors and county execs and your side can't get a black elected to Congress.

And don't tell me about Michael Steele.

That's the GOP playing tokenism at it's purest.

If a black didn't get elected President, Steele wouldn't even have been considered.

Again, you don't find it offensive or even strange that the only way a black could ascend to a position of authority in the GOP is as a foil to the first black President???

Shameful.

Conservative Black Woman said...

"Find me a Black Conservative that doesn't lock step with the GOP (i.e. Minsiter Farrakhan) and Black people will listen."

DJBlackAdam~I wonder why black folks are so hard on the GOP yet they give a free pass to the racist democrat party and the likes of FDR,Hugo Black, Robert Byrd, Ernest Hollis, and heck even Joe Biden who those it was remarkable that Barack Obama was "clean".

I agree with you DJBlackAdam but that a really sad commentary about the critical thinkng skills of the collective.

uptownsteve said...

"Let's be real here, Black Conservatives are under attack (justified or not) because by mutual implication they identify (or are identified) with the culture of racism and fear mongering from the GOP (Hlms, Thurmond, Buchannon, Duke, etc.)"

You are pretty much on target here except that the attacks on black conservatives are totally justified in light of their refusal to acknowledge the race games of the GOP leadership over the last 40 years, their refusal to stand up to it, and the contemptuous manner in which they talk to and about their fellow blacks.

Conservative Black Woman said...

I meant to say Joe Biden thought it was remarkable that Barack Obama was clean.

Still this whole which party is more racist thant he other is preposterous. Black folks are by and large conservative yet vote democrat....why? Because they feel like UptownSteve.

But as for me and my house (and blog) we will serve the Lord and I don't care what that makes me in the eyes of Man. I care about how my Abba Father views me.

I'm done with this for today.

Thank you to all of you who shared your thoughts. Feel free to continue, but stick a fork in me I'm cooked.

uptownsteve said...

"FDR,Hugo Black, Robert Byrd, Ernest Hollis, and heck even Joe Biden who those it was remarkable that Barack Obama was "clean"."

This is what I'm talking about.

CBW you're insulting people's intelligence with this nonsense.

Nobody is talking about pre-1964 political parties.

We are talking about the nation and political realities TODAY.

Why are you so quick to go after Biden's silly remark but make excuses for Palin callin Obama a terrorist?

Or Limbaugh and a GOP chairman candidate calling Obama "the magic negro"?

It doesn't wash.

Conservative Black Woman said...

"We are talking about the nation and political realities TODAY."

We are? You could have fooled me with all of the plantation analogies.

Magic Negro! Get the facts UptownSteve. A black journalist coined that term and besides he seems pretty magical to me because you and others have lost your dog on minds over him.

Ok. Now I'm really done...lol

DJ Black Adam said...

CBW:

Being fair, the post Civil Rights Era Republican party was AGAINST civil rights legislation, the Democrats were for, so why do you think the GOP gets no pass and the Dems do?

Digital Publius said...

CBW I don't know how you do it. You have the patience of Job. I have to admit to being amused by the amount of name calling on display by the left leaning posters. Particularly in light of the high dudgeon expressed by Dj Black Adam a few threads ago, when I simply supplied facts that contradicted his dogma. I am glad that he decided to keep visiting and participating on this blog.

Uptown Steve, for someone who delights in intellectual jousting, your remarks are wondrously unpolluted by intelligence. You are however very good at spewing vitriol. I suppose that's something anyway. I am not sure that I have ever seen anyone generalize and label people that you don't know, with such mean spirited, reckless abandon. The anonymity afforded one via the internet is emboldening.

Your use of terms like "Uncle Juan Williams" is quite revelatory, you are quite narrow in your thinking, people who use such terms are often demagogues who hide behind inflammatory statements and labeling, when they find positions they have taken are indefensible by way of reasoned argumentation. Much simpler and crowd pleasing to lean on the racially charged "Uncle" sobriquet. It's okay Steve and DJ Adam, you have already marginalized yourselves with the really smart people who read this blog anyway.

DJ Black Adam said...

@Digital:

“It's okay Steve and DJ Adam, you have already marginalized yourselves with the really smart people who read this blog anyway.”

No, I at least believe I have marginalized myself with the WILLFULLY IGNORANT here as I generally do with people who are conservatives or liberals, who by mutually definition, adhere to their respective ideologies to the point of being unable to see the nuances in the actualities they are addressing.

First let me say, I am choosing to post here because it appears that even though CBW and I disagree on some points, we can do so in a mutually respective manner, even if some of the POSTERS here, like yourself, cannot proceed in a cordial and non-combative accusatory manner, guess it’s the “Hannity-Limbaugh” influences the right wingers sometimes cannot resist.

That being said. I never said the DEMOCRATS should get a pass, I said they do because of their support of Civil Rights legislation that the GOP opposed.

The Democrats are no more part of the solution to the internal problems within the African American community than the Republicans are, simple as that.

It is my assertion, that within the African American community that conservative voices, like that of General Powell or Min. Farrakhan be adhered to regarding how we deal with our problems, as different as they are, they both give information and prescribe tools that would be beneficial for the AA community.

However, conservative the kowtow and or remain silent by the inherent culture of racism in the GOP, while sounding out against the Democrats, lack credibility and will continue to be ignored, simple as that.

Digital Publius said...

Let me give you an example of the true diversity of thought that runs through conservatism, this is a link to an article I wrote called "Rush the Magic Dumb A$$!" I would challenge you to read this article, and the comments that followed and you will see that the right is not monolithic in thinking, then go to any article on the Huffington Post or Daily Kos, and see how diverse the liberal thought process runs.

http://web.me.com/toddgroup/digital_publius/Blog/Entries/2008/12/27_Rush_the_Magic_Dumb_A%24%24!.html

Digital Publius said...

http://web.me.com/toddgroup/digital_publius/Blog/Entries/2008/12/27_Rush_the_Magic_Dumb_A%24%24!.html

DJ Black Adam said...

@Digital:

You wrote: " would challenge you to read this article, and the comments that followed and you will see that the right is not monolithic in thinking..."

It is intellectually fraudulent to posit that the right is NOT monolithic in thinking and to then infer and imply if not out right state the the LEFT is.

I would assert that neither are, both in my opinion are either unwilling or unable to call to the carpet THEMSELVES or to self inspect, both point to the other, which is a collosal waste of energy.

uptownsteve said...

Digital Publious,

"I have to admit to being amused by the amount of name calling on display by the left leaning posters."

You mean like "black quasi-socialist progressive fundamentalist racism chasers"?

I'll tell you.

Pointing out the layers of hypocrisy with conservatives is like shooting fish in a barrell.

uptownsteve said...

"It is intellectually fraudulent to posit that the right is NOT monolithic in thinking and to then infer and imply if not out right state the the LEFT is."

Better yet, show me one black cosnervative who stands up to the obvious racism of the modern Republican party?

They almost reflexively get defensive.

Anonymous said...

uptownsteve, it is this simple, you are a racist.

uptownsteve said...

How about producing an example of my racist rhetoric?

This ought to be fun.

uptownsteve said...

DJ Black Adam

"The Democrats are no more part of the solution to the internal problems within the African American community than the Republicans are, simple as that."

You still haven't detailed what "problems" are exclusive to the black community.

Digital Publius said...

I implied nothing, The challenge was really quite simple, a comparison between a conservative article and the comments from other conservatives contrasted with a liberal article and the liberal comments that it elicits. This would appear to be a rather good test of which ideology presents the more diverse views. Since you have stated over and over again since I have been following your posts these last few weeks that Conservatives this and black conservatives that.

DJ Black Adam said...

@UptownSteve:

"You still haven't detailed what "problems" are exclusive to the black community."

Where did I say they are exclusive? Cancer isn't "exclusive" to the Black Community, and while I would advocate research for a cure for ALL Cancer, I see no problem with me doing outreach to the BLACK Community specifically about how to prevent CANCER in some cases by not smoking.

My outreach to the AA community about the hazards of smoking does not imply that other ethnic groups don't smoke, it states that I am concerned about the group that I am part of.

Capice'?

DJ Black Adam said...

@Digital:

"I implied nothing, The challenge was really quite simple, a comparison between a conservative article and the comments from other conservatives contrasted with a liberal article and the liberal comments that it elicits."

That's called cherry picking, and doesn't speak to the collective on either side in any scholarly or academic sense, thus: "Intellectually Fraudulent".

uptownsteve said...

Okay DJ Adam (sigh)

You did say this:

"The Democrats are no more part of the solution to the internal problems within the African American community than the Republicans are, simple as that."

What are these "internal problems" that you reference specifically?

DJ Black Adam said...

@Uptown:

All communities have internal issues, just like all families do, who do you object to that? Sure many families have similar problems, each family deals with theirs.

I already discussed the problem of education, lack of accountability, lack of demand for curriculem standards, etc. Chicago is has a democrat mayer, in a democratic county in a democratic state, so the problem regarding education within (and without) of the Black Community is being compounded by that power structure which is Democrat.

Thus why I said: "The Democrats are no more part of the solution to the internal problems within the African American community than the Republicans are, simple as that."

Follow?

uptownsteve said...

And as I told you those particular issues are not problems in my 90% black community in Eastern PG County.

Why do you guys insist on tying dysfunction to race?

You certainly don't link achievement to race.

DJ Black Adam said...

@Steve:

You wrote: "Why do you guys insist on tying dysfunction to race?"

I never said race or ethnicity was the primary agitating factor or a factor at all in regards to these issues. Just because there is a problem within a group does not necessitate that the problem is because of their ethnicity or race.

I don’t recall saying that education system problems are specific to the Black Community, I do recall saying that as a Black Man with Black Children, that education problems within the Black Community are a CONCERN for me, something I try to do something about.

And just because your part of the world doesn't have that problem, doesn't mean that the problem does not exist.

Why do you keep insisting someone is saying that "race" or "ethnicity" is the reason for the problem?

uptownsteve said...

We're just gonna go round and round with this just as I do every time I challenge people to detail what "black problems" or "problems internal to the black community are".

You say you don't mean they're "black" problems then you turn right around and say "each group has it's problems".

Okay then, give me an example of a Polish-American problem.

While you're at show me a hispanic problem.

Detail for me how the education inner city Chicago Puerto Ricans are recieving differs from the blacks in the public school system.

I know for a fact that other than occasionally being profiled by cops, my and my black professional suburban peers' "problems" are not much different than our white professional suburban counterparts.

And my existence is a helluva lot different than a brother who lives in the Bellevue Projects in SW DC.

Do you disagree with that?

DJ Black Adam said...

Steve:

Are you really not getting this? This is basic grammar, saying "internal problems within the Black Community" is not the same as saying "internal problems SPECIFIC and only APPLYING to the Black Community".

Now if your little part of the Black Community doesn't share a problem that perhaps another larger part of the Black Community is dealing with, doesn't mean that it isn't a problem that the larger Black Community or the larger American Community is NOT dealing with as well.

What I am saying to you is just because MY kids go to a good school and have great education tools available to them, I should NOT ignore the problems that other African American kids have, because I am AFRICAN AMERICAN.

It is called concern for MY group. Very simple. For example, I am of east African ancestry, if there is a problem is South Africa that is not in East Africa, should I be any less concerned? Should I point out the similarities in the problem is Asia or Europe? Or should I address the problems of my closest greater collective in the African continent? And if I do, how is that saying the problems are SPECIFIC to the continent or the cause of their skin color.

Unless someone says: "Blacks have a problem specific to them because of RACE, who the heck is saying that?

uptownsteve said...

I don't think you're getting it.

When one black is screwed up then that means all of us are????

But it doesn't follow with you guys that when one black excels we all do, does it?

There is no friggin problem or issue that is predicated or motivated by race.

Black conservatives kill me with their claims of "post racialism" and being tired of tribalism.

But when the discussion turns to dysfunction and underperformance then we all become black and f^cked up for the purpose of "group solidarity.

It's all so tiring and hypocritical.

I'm going to get a beer.

Have a nice weekend.

DJ Black Adam said...

@Uptown:

You wrote: “I don't think you're getting it.”

Maybe I’m not.

You follow with: “When one black is screwed up then that means all of us are????”

WHO the heck said that?

Man, who are you talking to, ME or JC Watts? Oy Veh…

Laila Tov

Digital Publius said...

LOL You two are the most confused, disingenuous brothers I have ever come across. I leave you to it, LOL.

DJ Black Adam said...

@digital:

You wrote: "disingenuous"?

Are you either:

a. Legally insane
b. A purposed inane and sophomoric simpleton

"Disingenous" (from the Merriam Websters Online):

Main Entry: dis·in·gen·u·ous
Function: adjective
Date: 1655
: lacking in candor ; also : giving a false appearance of simple frankness

Lacking in candor?

My friend Digital, DJ BLACK ADAM is NEVER lacking in being STRAIGHTFORWARD, don't fault me if you can't or won't follow my direct statements....

Constructive Feedback said...

[quote]From not going to any King ceremonies to giving black folks lectures, no one in the campaign stood up for Michelle regarding O'Rileys "lynching comments"[/quote]

Naima:

Your comments are ultimately frustrating to me. You complain about the Black Media ONLY because it is not doing your bidding.

The Black Media is one of the most BIASED organized oracles that there is in America today. If you were to make good use of a rub on the Black media you would be better served to make note of the CONTINUING PROBLEMS in our community and then make note of their cheerleading on behalf of the MACHINE THAT RUNS OUR COMMUNITIES despite these problems!!!

I would prefer to have the Black press be silent on Bill O'Reilly's comments but vocally challenge WHY the next mayor of Detroit may have to take over the Detroit Public Schools lest they collapse. Far more Black people sustain material harm with the later issue that the Black press is "ghost" upon.

At the end of the day - I can't see why you are concerned about Obama's cabinet. What are you going to do if he fails you on your points of diversity?

Worse - what are you going to do if that which matters most to you are no different than when he took over from evil, racist Bush?

Constructive Feedback said...

WhiteBowieSteve is more offended by the statements of the Ubiquitous Racist White Conservative:

[quote]
CBW, I have met many white folks, mostly conservative, who have verbally expressed "if we knew it was gonna be this much trouble we would have picked the damn cotton ourselves!"[/quote]

than he is with this fact about where he lives:

Homicide Rates in PGC Soar:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/24/AR2007042401715.html

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-98686.html

The Washington region saw a rise in bloodshed in 2005, largely fueled by a spike in slayings in the D.C. suburbs, most dramatically in Prince George's County.

Steve is a "Non-White White Supremacist" and thus the WORDS of a White man is more damning to him than the murderous action of Black Thugs.

Constructive Feedback said...

[quote]Anyone who criticizes Bush's pathetic record (which is out there for all the world to see) is a "blame America first", terrorist sympathizing victimologist according to you yet you somehow feel that you're being "courageous" for a being a black person who gleefully attacks the first black President two weeks into office.[/quote]

WhiteBowieSteve:

I am less concerned about your ability to criticize Bush. He was in power and thus he is due criticism for that which has happened under his watch.

My bigger concern is that you and others per your IDEOLOGICAL BIGOTRY are not able to hold LOCAL DEMOCRATS accountable for the COLLAPSE of many economies in the Rust Belt North. Despite the clear harm served up to Black people who live in these areas there is also some "White Republican Conservative" for you and DJ Adam to lump blame upon.

I believe that this is proof of your assumed inferiority upon Blacks. Only the policies of the White Conservatives have consequences. All that Blacks do and choose is moving us closer to the Promised Land.

Constructive Feedback said...

[quote]You are pretty much on target here except that the attacks on black conservatives are totally justified in light of their refusal to acknowledge the race games of the GOP leadership over the last 40 years, their refusal to stand up to it, and the contemptuous manner in which they talk to and about their fellow blacks.[/quote]

WhiteBowieSteve:

Which force has been more materially contemptuous to Black people over the past 40 years?

* White Conservatives, some of whom have been motivated by race to MOVE AWAY FROM BLACK PEOPLE thereby giving Blacks the chance to form a local GOVERNMENT OF THEIR OWN CHOOSING and from which many Black elected officials came from?


* Black Progressives who took over these institutions that provide services to the Black community but they FAILED to field a viable economic order that could use the people's SKILLS AND LABOR to fund and operate a system by which Black people's needs are met. Instead they have left a track record of failing schools, violent communities where Black people are terrorized and an environment where Blacks have to largely exit to find employment?


It is so frustrating Steve that you are able to focus your anger on the FEW BLACK CONSERVATIVES rather than the plentiful Black Progressive-Fundamentalists who ACTUALLY HAVE POWER and the CONFIDENCE of the Black community.

uptownsteve said...

Constructive Feedback,

Have you ever been laid?