Sunday, May 17, 2009

Why I Voted Democrat....

Bear who blogs at The Absurd Report compiled the following satirical list of reasons for voting Democrat:

I voted Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I’ve decided to marry my horse.
I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies’ profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn’t.
I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
I voted Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.
I voted Democrat because when we pull out of Iraq I trust that the bad guys will stop what they’re doing because they now think we’re good people.
I voted Democrat because I’m way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.
I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can’t tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don’t start driving a Prius.
I voted Democrat because I’m not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as THEY see fit.
I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.
I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my ass that it is unlikely that I’ll ever have another point of view.

Those who vote Democrat clearly have not followed their platforms through to the logic conclusions.

65 comments:

Linda said...

Okay! (Oh my, my word is disms...is that another ism about me?)

Anonymous said...

Hey... while I agree with everything you're saying. I still don't want you in our conservative movement. First of all, you're black, we don't need you. You're just like the rest of them. You should be somewhere in Africa picking cotton and eating dirt. Stay away from our kids and our neighborhoods. You're destroying everything we work so hard for. You steal, you lie and you're stupid. Our party needs get rid of all those lost negroes who think that they're better than all those other negroes. You need to go and do what you do best... shake your ass in rap videos.

Two Big Boobs said...

Please everybody ignore the troll who posted right above me.
Excellent post CBW, and very funny at that. Here's a little beam of hope for conservatives out there, indicating that for the first time ever, a MAJORITY of Americans are pro-life. Check the post out @ I just wanted to bring a little bright news to my fellow conservatives with this post showing that a MAJORITY of Americans now call themselves PRO LIFE! Keep up the good fight!
http://twobigboobs.wordpress.com/2009/05/17/more-americans-are-pro-life-than-pro-choice-for-first-time/
Keep up the great blogging CBW

Anonymous said...

CBW, I am thinking the troll above is a democrat, just trying to make trouble. Not only thinking it, but I KNOW IT! Like any of us could not tell it from their weak sick minded words! I for one follow your blog weekly, and want to thank you for ALL you write about. I love you sister! And I have never even met ya. Your sister in Christ, and fellow conservative! Keep on keeping on!

Conservative Black Woman said...

Anonymous 4:46pm~LOL...Clearly, you are a demented Black Quasi-Socialist Fundamentalist Progressive Racism Chaser...how do I know? Because a bonafide white racist wouldn't waste their time on a blog like mine. In fact the word "Black" would be enough for one so inclined to duly ignore my little space in the cybersphere.

What you fail to understand is that Conservatives be they white or black are adults who take full advantage of their capacity to reason therefore such paltry commentary is not indicative of those of us with higher intelligence quotients.

Conservative Black Woman said...

Thank you Two Big Boobs (I'm jealous I have two tiny ones..lol) and Anonymous 6:19pm

Rich said...

Hey CBW - Loved the blog! Wish I had found you sooner - I not only added you to my blogroll but posted your article up immediately after I read it with a link to here.

Thanks for the great writing - and please feel free to come by and say hi over at our site.

You have a standing invite to guest blog on our team as well - you know us neocon, nazi, racist, greedy, corporatist, homophobic anti tree and anti freedom types :)

Seriously - please think about the invite and let me know!

Rich
http://dirtyrottenscoundrels.wordpress.com

Anonymous 6:19pm said...

"Anonymous 4:46pm~LOL...Clearly, you are a demented Black Quasi-Socialist Fundamentalist Progressive Racism Chaser...how do I know? Because a bonafide white racist wouldn't waste their time on a blog like mine. In fact the word "Black" would be enough for one so inclined to duly ignore my little space in the cybersphere.

What you fail to understand is that Conservatives be they white or black are adults who take full advantage of their capacity to reason therefore such paltry commentary is not indicative of those of us with higher intelligence quotients."

CBW~ I told my kids, after I read this, to come on over and see what this sort of person wrote to you. Then I showed them my resonse to you. Then I told the, "But don't you worry, I assure you, she will tutor them and then some!" So when I saw your response, I had to show them that too!! This is why we love you girl! We high fived each other, (oh to the racist out there, these were white hands high fiving! I hope that makes you cringe!) Thank you for your calm, cool, class! We love ya CBW!!

uptownsteve said...

Anonymous 4:46 PM represents the true thinking of white conservatives whether you black righties want to deal with it or not.

You can talk them, write them and reguritate their hate and paranoia word for word..

But you're still BLACK and they still don't like you.

No matter how much you dance for 'em.

Right Linda?

Linda said...

Don't presume to speak for me, UTS! Of course, the 'white' man just doesn't have the moves. Oh, I forget, Michael Jackson became a white man, well, almost. Does he still dance? I think he used to be pretty good, but it has been so long ago, who can remember?

Love your posts, CBW! They just bring out the BEST in all of us!

Conservative Black Woman said...

UTS~Whether or not someone likes me is irrelevant. Why is this so important to you? Are you incapable of living your principles because some one else who holds those principles may or may not be racist?

If Bill Mahr or Ariana Huffington vocalize contempt for black folks what will you do? Would you abandon liberalism? Would you feel broken and rejected? Would you start "buck dancing"? If not, why praytell do you imagine that my ideology is predicated on the approval of white people?

Let me share something with you? I come from a very stable loving home, both of my parents loved me, and encouraged me to think. I'm not suffering from any sort of inferiority complex as it seems you and your racism chasing friends are. What other people think of me has no bearing on who I am, what I do or how I think. While it is wonderful to have friends, a real friend doesn't require that your abandon your principles.

uptownsteve said...

"UTS~Whether or not someone likes me is irrelevant. Why is this so important to you?"

I'm a little weird I guess.

I find it self-demeaning and kinda pathetic to kiss the a$$es of people who hate me.

Evidently black conservatives don't because they hate themselves.

JudyBright said...

I can't let UTS speak for me, but personally I like you because of the way you 'grin' at me. It makes me feel better about myself. ;-)

Is it just me, or do the comments UTS has made here seem to indicate that his political loyalties depend on what he thinks white people want. I'm glad I can just decide what I believe in and base my politics on that rather than trying to read the minds of the whites or blacks that hold the same views.

If you really think the anonymous troll represents the views of white conservatives, then you have a healthy dose or paranoia.

uptownsteve said...

"Is it just me, or do the comments UTS has made here seem to indicate that his political loyalties depend on what he thinks white people want."

No, but you certainly seem to.

And racist whites at that.

It's amazing to me that after all the bigoted filth that Linda has spewed on this board, not one of you have stood up to her.

Instead you've gone after ME.

Conservative Black Woman said...

UTS~You and your racism chasing friends who are clearly suffering from a latent inferiority complex have yet to show how Linda's comments are racist. Just because you don't like the TRUTH don't shoot the messenger.

uptownsteve said...

CBW

You still don't get it.

Your buddy Linda clearly stated that us begging blacks get handouts and slidebyes unavailable to whites.

DJBA and I proved that repeatedly by posting her own words and you keep saying "nuh uh" or "it's not racist but the truth".

Sad.

Yet when I called her a "toothless inbred" (and I was being nice) you saw "racism" everywhere.

The hypocrisy and inconsistency of you black righties is so apparemt and obvious to everyone but you.

Linda said...

UTS, we go after you, because you make it so easy!

uptownsteve said...

Keep sayin it over and over Flo... I mean Linda.

It might become just as real as all these "gubmint goodies for black folks" people like you dream up in your rightwing fantasies.

JudyBright said...

Here's a novel idea: Why don't we discuss some of the issues brought up in the actual post, where race wasn't mentioned?

How about the first point where a company making profit is demonized while high taxes aren't?

What about the naive view that liberals have about war and evil?

What about the fact that liberals think I should trust the authorities to protect me and only criminals should own guns?

How about global warming being a load of crap? It's the middle of May, and I still haven't planted my garden yet because of frost warnings.

What about the hypocrisy of killing the innocent and keeping the guilty alive?

Why do liberals trust the government to redistribute income as they see fit, i.e. whatever will keep them in power?

What about liberal judges who infringe on the rights of all of us to elect officials to make laws?

uptownsteve said...

LOL!!!!

Judy took her Fox TV indoctrination pills this morning.


"What about the naive view that liberals have about war and evil?"

Which is what Judy?

Can you even explain?

"What about the fact that liberals think I should trust the authorities to protect me and only criminals should own guns?"

Bullcrap.

Liberals just want a waiting period for gun licenses so we can cut down on the amount criminals getting guns.


"What about the hypocrisy of killing the innocent and keeping the guilty alive?"

Another load of shyt.

A fetus is not a human being and the scores of people on death row being exonaerated through DNA testing lays bare the injustice of capital punishment.

"Why do liberals trust the government to redistribute income as they see fit, i.e. whatever will keep them in power?"

Give me one example of "redistribution of income" as you see it.

Welfare was drastically cut over the last 12 years and the only people I see nowadays recieving bailouts are failed companies.

"hat about liberal judges who infringe on the rights of all of us to elect officials to make laws?"

Such as?

Katrina said...

LOL!!!!! Good one, CBW.

DJ Black Adam said...

@CBW:

"You and your racism chasing friends who are clearly suffering from a latent inferiority complex have yet to show how Linda's comments are racist. Just because you don't like the TRUTH don't shoot the messenger."

I don't think Linda is a "racist" per se. However, those comments about financial aid were rooted in ignorance and racial politics that the right has played for a long time. You failed to or were unwilling to even acknowledge that, which exemplifies why Black conservatives are marginalized voices in the Black community, because you all do the exact opposite of race chasing, you run away from the subject, both equally disingenuous and inane positions that do not deal with reality.

Just saying...

Conservative Black Woman said...

UTS~"Bullcrap" is not a well reasoned rebuttal to Judy's statement.

You say that "A fetus is not a human being and the scores of people on death row being exonaerated through DNA testing lays bare the injustice of capital punishment."Pres. Obama said yesterday at Notre Dame that we should find a way to decrease the number of abortions...Why? If a fetus is not a human being according to you and the high priest of death, and if there is nothing wrong with abortion then why should "we work together to decrease the number of procedures"? UTS, exactly when does life begin after conception? How many weeks, or months? Can you give us an example of an inmate who has been executed where DNA exists that should exonerate them?

You ask, "Give me one example of "redistribution of income" as you see it".

Well, it was Obama himself who said to Joe The Plummer and I quote "I think when you spread the wealth around it's good for everybody". Obama has been very clear that he would increase taxes on couples earning more than $250,000 (and singles earning more than $200,000) while cutting taxes for all other households.

His sickening rhetoric gives the impression that middle-class taxpayers are paying a greater share of the tax burden than upper-income households and that his plan would correct this inequity. However, the reality is according to the Tax Foundation www.taxfoundation.org, 122.7 million taxpayers earning between $0 and $100,000 pay a collective 29% of all federal taxes while the 7.1 million taxpayers earning over $200,000 collectively pay 45.5% of the federal tax burden. But that's not good enough for our Comrade-In-Chief as his plan would increase the burden on wealthy households by 5.9 percentage points while lowering the burden on those earning less than $100,000 by 4.3 percentage points. As a result, Obama would have wealthy households shoulder more than 51% of the federal tax burden while cutting the burden on the "middle-class" to less than 25. In other words, Obama believes that the wealthy's proper share of the federal tax burden is twice that of the middle-class. Now I am not wealthy but I am principled and that is absurd. Actually who do you think those wealthy producers who own companies that provide jobs for you and I are going to pass the cost to? Their employees in the form of lower wages or reduced benefits and consumers.

You also write:"Welfare was drastically cut over the last 12 years." GOOD

and you continue...

"and the only people I see nowadays recieving bailouts are failed companies."

Well, the democrat run congress that's bailing out failed company do so with the intention of taking them over which looks alot like SOCIALISM to me.

DJ Black Adam said...

@CBW:

"Can you give us an example of an inmate who has been executed where DNA exists that should exonerate them?"

CBW, don't even go there. As a Black woman you should know at least that there ahve been Black Men and Women executed in this country for things that they did NOT do.

As for "modern times", how would we really know? Isn't it enough for you as a CHRISTIAN to know many on death row were rfreed, oftemn time reluctantly, because of latter DNA evidence and /or witness recants? Or do you have to have someone actually die for you to extend mercy or seek justice?

uptownsteve said...

"Well, it was Obama himself who said to Joe The Plummer and I quote "I think when you spread the wealth around it's good for everybody".

I believe this too.

A society does best when all segments are doing well.

That's what doesn't seem to penetrate the skulls of rightwingers.

"Obama has been very clear that he would increase taxes on couples earning more than $250,000 (and singles earning more than $200,000) while cutting taxes for all other households."

Don't have a problem with this either.

That's called carrying your share of the load.

Right now those in the top brackets are being taxed oftimes at a lower rate than those earning less than $100,000 doe to the Bush tax cuts.

Conservative Black Woman said...

DJBA~You write"about financial aid were rooted in ignorance and racial politics" in relation to Linda's comments. You (and others) assumed that she was saying that "all black people" get a free ride and do not have to work for their tuition. In my that was presumptuous. You and others said the same thing that Linda did essentially by stating that you didn't qualify for federal funding because of income. Yes, she mentioned that they had no "minority" markers or indicators which I fail to see how that's racist because it's true! It is also true that many "non-federal" scholarships exists for minorities. I believe MD listed a boatload of them.

You also write "because you all do the exact opposite of race chasing, you run away from the subject, both equally disingenuous and inane positions that do not deal with reality."I will concede that I don't stretch my neck to read the ambiguous as "racist" and generally give the benefit of the doubt. But, if someone is internally twisted enough to be a racist I truly consider that to be their "sin"....their "problem". I'm not going to waste my time and energy dealing with those people --they are free to hold whatever opinion they wish. I'm not going to change how they feel arguing with them. So, I shake the dust off my feet and move along.

Finally, there is a black community of conservatives that feel exactly as I do.....So, I'm really not feeling very alone. But again, my goal isn't to be "liked" or politically correct.

Conservative Black Woman said...

DJBA~You write "CBW, don't even go there. As a Black woman you should know at least that there ahve been Black Men and Women executed in this country for things that they did NOT do."Sure. I know that Emmett Till was killed by racist vigilantes for looking at a white woman. I know that there is corruption in police depts. and corrupt judges. But I don't know of any cases where someone has been executed when DNA evidence existed at the time of the execution that would have exonerated them that why I asked for an example of that happening. Do you have one? I'm going to google it myself either way.

DJ Black Adam said...

@CBW:

Maybe I jumped the gun, but to me it really doesn't matter if you find a case or not. I guess conservatives just lack in compasion, and until they are the ones locked up and facing execution for a crime they didn't commit, it isn't reality or real enough for them to care.

DJ Black Adam said...

@CBW:

You wrote: "You and others said the same thing that Linda did essentially by stating that you didn't qualify for federal funding because of income."

No, I didn't say that, I was poor as hell growing up, no what I said was I didn't go to college FREE because I was poor and specifically BLACK, further I got no financial aid because I was "Black" which is what she inferred and implied clearly.

Even though we had a poverty level household, I STILL had to take out student loans and joined the military partially to get college money.

You defended her, when again, though I didn't think she intended to be racist in her word,s they clearly were forwarding the myth that MINORITIES not the poor, get a free ride, further, as a person who came from below poverty line family, even then I ddi not go to school for FREE.

You write: “But, if someone is internally twisted enough to be a racist I truly consider that to be their "sin"....their "problem".”

Then lets hear no more about ANY sin, especially homosexuality, since it’s “Their” problem…

You wrote: “Finally, there is a black community of conservatives that feel exactly as I do.....So, I'm really not feeling very alone. But again, my goal isn't to be "liked" or politically correct.”

I heard a preacher say: “Go in by the narrow door; for wide is the door and open is the way which goes to destruction, and MANYgo in by it.” Matthew 7.13

I’m sorry, but I find the position of Black Conservatives to be every bit as ridicules as those who claim to be liberals. Extremist do not deal with REALITY, they live in there theoretical positions and are an obstruction to actually understanding in this world.

Ziggy said...

@uptownsteve:
A society does best when all segments are doing well.

I ask honestly, because I really don't understand, How can we ensure that all segments of society are doing well? For those people who make bad decisions, born to people who make bad decisions, born with disabilities, handicaps, are lazy, perhaps undisciplined, lack a vision for their lives, aren't business-minded, perhaps would like to work an easy 9-5 and do not-much-else, don't want to think to hard or too deep, careless with their health, wealth or talents, how do we ensure, given the existence of these differences in U.S. society, that everyone does well?
Not being a wise-guy here,but genuinely want your take, it sounds like a noble statement, how would we do that in reality? Thanks.

DJ Black Adam said...

@Ziggy:

"Not being a wise-guy here,but genuinely want your take, it sounds like a noble statement, how would we do that in reality? Thanks."

I hope Uptown doesn't take exception for me speaking for him. DOING WELL - does not translate to "everyone is rich with no problem". If you don't think its to the benefit of those hwo have to make sure the system is set up so the gap between them and the "vae nots" is not so lareg or not so noticable, you need to take a good look at world history.

Conservative Black Woman said...

DJBA~You state that you believe conservatives lack compassion. I can't speak for all conservatives but I have more compassion for an innocent unborn child than I do for a murderer. If one is proven guilty of murder beyond a shadow of doubt then the death penalty is a punishment that fits the crime; it is neither ‘cruel' nor ‘unusual'. Executing a murderer is the appropriate punishment for taking an innocent life.

I am really surprised that more racism chasers haven't caught on to the fact that most 78% of abortuaries are located in black communities. 1,500 black babies are aborted each day in the United States it's not an issue of "choice" for us it's an issue of genocide. Groups like Planned Parenthood get an inordinate amount of their funding via abortions, whether the patient herself pays, or it is subsidized by government funding. So their business plan is to locate their abortion clinics where they can have influence and grow their customer base. This is why our community is in grave danger...we keep drinking the liberal kool-aid and not standing on our Christian principles (those of us who are Christians) and our daughters feel they have a "right" to murder their unborn children in the name of choice. It's very sad. We are more concerned with protecting criminals on the very slim off chance that they may be innocent but don't give a damn about the 1500 innocent souls that are lost daily in the name of "choice". We are a twisted lot indeed.

Conservative Black Woman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
uptownsteve said...

"I am really surprised that more racism chasers haven't caught on to the fact that most 78% of abortuaries are located in black communities."

NOT TRUE.

I had this debate with another righty and proved that at least here in Maryland, a state with the 4th highest black population in the country, most of the abortion clinics are in white areas.

Outside of Baltimore City, they are in Hagerstown, Rockville, Annapolis, Frederick, Severn, Hyattsville and Forestville.

The only majority black area of those is Forestville.

uptownsteve said...

Ziggy,

There are many people who are born to rich, well to do families who make bad decisions, are lazy, lack vision, engage in destructive behavior yet they are protected by their wealth and access to assistance.

A society works best when the least of us have upward mobility, access to assistance and opportunities for advancement.

Conservatives love to talk about the number of black men in prison but don't acknowledge that most are there for non-violent drug offenses.

Whites are five times as likely to use or deal drugs than blacks yet blacks are five times as likely to be jailed for drug offenses.

Why do you think that is?

http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v00.n771.a03.html

ziggy said...

@Uptown Steve:

A society works best when the least of us have upward mobility, access to assistance and opportunities for advancement.

See, I can honestly say that the poorest among us, aka, "the least" do currently have access to assistance and opportunities for advancement. There are countless "aid" programs for poor, indigent, new and illegal immigrants etc. There are job programs, tuition assistance,... Go to gov.gov. Can we agree with that?

Specifically though, how do you "ensure that all segments do well? 1) How do you define "doing well"? To be brief, I think that "making sure that all do well" will neccessarily mean that we accept communism as our political and economical policy. In communist Russia, everyone was given a job, no matter how redundant and unnecessary the job. If someone did not want to work, they were sent to a mental institution because not wanting to work was tantamount to insanity. You see the point I'm making? How can we balance our free will, god-given or learned abilities, with ensuring everyone does well without resorting to force, i.e totalitarianism/communism/socialism? 2)If you think there's a middle ground, what does that middle ground look like?

JMK said...

"I am really surprised that more racism chasers haven't caught on to the fact that most 78% of abortuaries are located in black communities." (CBW)
<
<
"NOT TRUE."I had this debate with another righty and proved that at least here in Maryland, a state with the 4th highest black population in the country, most of the abortion clinics are in white areas." (UTS)
<
<
CBW’s main point, that abortion disproportionately impacts blacks is UNDENIABLY true.

According to the Alan Guttmacher Institute, a nonprofit organization focused on sexual and reproductive health research, 13 percent of the U.S. population is black, but 37 percent of all abortions are performed on black women. More than 10 million black babies have been aborted since 1973. Black women are 4.8 times as likely as white women to have an abortion. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also indicates that one out of every five white pregnancies ends in abortion, whereas one out of every two black pregnancies ends in abortion.Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood and a lifelong Liberal activist wrote a letter in 1939 to Clarence Gamble, with whom she was partnering to promote birth control and abortions in the black community: "We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We do not want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."As usualy CBW is right and UTS is wrong....again.

uptownsteve said...

"CBW’s main point, that abortion disproportionately impacts blacks is UNDENIABLY true."

Is anyone forced to get an abortion?

You righties can't have it both ways.

You can't complain about out of wedlock births and so-called subsequent pathology and then bitch about a women who chooses to abort a pregnancy.

JMK said...

“Right now those in the top brackets are being taxed oftimes at a lower rate than those earning less than $100,000 doe to the Bush tax cuts.” (UTS)
<
<
Once again, you’re wrong.

Thankfully, as usual, I can help you out with the facts.

Current income tax rates:

10% for singles earning up to $8,350 and Married, filing jointly, up to $16,700.

15% for singles earning up to $33,950 and Married, filing jointly up to $65,100.

25% for singles up to $82,250 and Married, filing jointly up to $137,050.

28% for singles up to $171,550 and Married, filing jointly up to $208,850.

33% for singles up to $372,950 and Married, filing jointly up to $372,950.

35% for singles over $372,950 and Married, filing jointly over $372,950.

That translates into the top 1% of income earners paying 37% of the federal income taxes, while earning 19% of the gross aggregate income.

The top 5% of income earners paying 57% of the income taxes, while earning 33% of the gross aggregate income.

The top 10% of income earners paying 85% of the federal income taxes, while earning 66% of the gross aggregate income.

The bottom 50% pay only 3% of all income taxes despite earning 13% of the gross aggregate income.

“Median family income in America between 1980 and 2004 grew by 17 percent. The middle class (defined as those between the 40th and the 60th percentiles of income) isn’t falling behind or “disappearing.” It is getting richer. The lower income bound for the middle class has risen by about $12,000 (after inflation) since 1967. The upper income bound for the middle class is now roughly $68,000—some $23,000 higher than in 1967. Thus, a family in the 60th percentile has 50 percent more buying power than 30 years ago.”http://www.american.com/archive/2007/november-december-magazine-contents/guess-who-really-pays-the-taxes

JMK said...

"You can't complain about out of wedlock births and so-called subsequent pathology and then bitch about a women who chooses to abort a pregnancy." (UTS)
<
<
You've NEVER heard me complain about that.

I support abortion on demand UNTIL the point at which a fetus can survive outside the womb....I've long held that position.

It's a pragmatic compromise on that thorny issue.

In my view, abortion is preferable to a child being born into an uncaring, abusive or dysfunctional home.

As to the disproportionate impact on abortion. That doesn't effect me at all, so I'm unconcerned about that.

I think CBW is surprised that YOU don't care more about that disparity.

Zabeth said...

"You can't complain about out of wedlock births and so-called subsequent pathology and then bitch about a women who chooses to abort a pregnancy."

I think what we all encourage here is responsible behavoir, ala using birth control or practicing abstinence. You won't have such issues with OOW births and abortion if you're not having sex and if you do- exercise methods to protect yourself. Kill two birds with one stone.

Conservative Black Woman said...

UTS writes~"I had this debate with another righty and proved that at least here in Maryland, a state with the 4th highest black population in the country, most of the abortion clinics are in white areas.

Outside of Baltimore City, they are in Hagerstown, Rockville, Annapolis, Frederick, Severn, Hyattsville and Forestville.

The only majority black area of those is Forestville"
Pahleez, UTS I'm the "rightie" you had this debate with and you proved nothing. We were only talking about planned parenthood clinics. There are 5 abortuaries in PG county. Everyone knows that PG County is DC's 9th ward. SE Washington is literally across the street from PG County (Southern AVE to be exact) How many aborturaries are their in SE? How many in Suitand? NE Washington also borders PG County in the Mt. Rainier area. How many abortuaries are on Rhode Island Ave? How many on H street NE? How many in Kenilworth? PG county also bordered by SW DC, how many abortuaries are their on South Capitol Street? How many on Malcolm X Blvd. Hagerstown is no where near PG County-- it's another world. PG also borders NW DC how many abortion clinics are there in Silver Spring, but let's exclude Silver spring for the sake of argument since that's Montgomery county.

NW Washington 4
SE Washington 3
NE Washington 2
PG County 5 (Suitland,Bowie,UpperMarlboro,Hyattsville,Campsprings)

14 Abortuaries throughout DC and PG County alone...not including Montgomery Co.

Conservative Bill said...

Dear CBW,
I am a big fan of yours, and I happen to be white. You are always right and the goofballs who criticize you need a life. They are proof of the dumbing down of America.
Black or white, I wish more Americans were like you. You go girl?

Conservative Black Woman said...

UTS you ask "Is anyone forced to get an abortion?

You righties can't have it both ways.

You can't complain about out of wedlock births and so-called subsequent pathology and then bitch about a women who chooses to abort a pregnancy
"

Well, in China yes and there women have claimed to be coerced here in the good old USA but for the sake of argument let's just say no. However, that doesn't mean that we don't have a problem. My profile says that "too many of us are morally dengenerate". That's why we have "unwanted" pregnancies. I agree that you can not legislate morality. It's a heart condition. I think the nobler woman is the one who gives birth to the life she created by choice(unless she was raped she chose to give up the nookie)than the one who allows the innocent life she created suffer the consequence of death due to her indiscretion.

Conservative Black Woman said...

Thanks Conservative Bill (CB)

JudyBright said...

Perhaps no one is forced to have an abortion, not by the government anyways.

But millions have abortions forced upon them every year. About 1000 a day are African American babies.

We crazy conservative white folk thinks that's tragic. Even if UTS doesn't think it's true.

DJ Black Adam said...

@CBW:

"DJBA~You state that you believe conservatives lack compassion. I can't speak for all conservatives but I have more compassion for an innocent unborn child than I do for a murderer."

Say it with me: FALSE DICHOTOMY, again F.A.L.S.E. D.I.C.H.O.T.O.M.Y!

False CHOICE. It is not about compassion for the GUILTY it is about JUSTICE for the FALSELY ACCUSED. You know, people who have had "FALSE WITNESS" against them.

It's easier to have compassion for an unborn child then a poor person who could not afford to defend himself or herself properly who is on death row for a crime they didn't commit, sure.

BUT like I said, if YOU or someone you actually cared about was that person, I doubt you would be so cavalier.

JMK said...

"False CHOICE. It is not about compassion for the GUILTY it is about JUSTICE for the FALSELY ACCUSED. You know, people who have had "FALSE WITNESS" against them." (DJBA)
<
<
The FACT is that DNA evidence convicts far more people than it exonerates.

To date, just a handful of people have ever been exonerated by DNA evidence while hundreds of thousands have been convicted by it and rightly so.

In fact, since the mid-1990s, over 95% of all murder convictions are based on DNA evidence.

There are far more cases like THIS: "An Annapolis man was ordered held without bail Friday after a hit in the state's DNA database led to his arrest on charges that he raped a woman nearly nine years ago."Michael Albert Brandford, 26, of the first block of Towne Pine Court, is charged with nine counts, including rape, kidnapping and armed robbery."Reopening the cold case, investigators from the Anne Arundel County state's attorney's office sent DNA from the crime to the Maryland State Police laboratory and were notified Tuesday that it appeared to match that of Brandford..."http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/annearundel/bal-rape0515,0,3518411.story?track=rss

or THIS: "DNA evidence from three sexual assaults in Waukee and West Des Moines matches that of a man officers shot and killed in a suburban townhouse a week ago, West Des Moines police said Monday."Adam P. Harvell, 36, whom police suspected in a string of break-ins and sexual assaults that started in December, was shot after he allegedly pointed a handgun at officers who showed up with a search warrant the night of May 12."http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20090519/NEWS/905190377/1001/

or THIS: "The prosecution was fighting to protect DNA evidence in the Marcia Trimble case, after a surprise move by the defense to have the DNA tossed out."DNA was the key to this high profile case. Prosecutors said it links Jerome Barrett to the 1975 murder of Marcia Trimble."Marcia Trimble was 9-years-old when she disappeared from her Green Hills neighborhood in 1975 while delivering Girl Scout cookies."The DNA is the only thing that led to his arrest. If the DNA goes - the case goes," said legal expert Jim Todd."http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=10350745

DNA evidence is the BEST tool the prosecution has ever had.

What we need is mandatory DNA samples from any suspect...that is removing a defendant's "right" to refuse to provide a DNA sample in any case and the right of the government to collect a large DNA data base.

I'd also like the see the statute of limitations ended for ALL violent crimes, that way, even thirty year old rapes and assaults could be prosecuted.

CBW is right, there's NOTHING more compassionate than wanting the guilty to pay.

I hold a tremendous amount of compassion....for the victims of crime....I just hold virtually none for the predators.

That's the very essence of compassion.

DJ Black Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DJ Black Adam said...

@JMK:

JMK wrote: "CBW is right, there's NOTHING more compassionate than wanting the guilty to pay."

Again for the Back of the Class: FALSE DICHOTOMY. Who doesn't want the "guilty to pay"? My suggestion that life in prison for the guilty is better than death to the INNOCENT because HUMANS will always screw up and some of the INNOCENT will perish with the guilty is not saying let the guilty free. Either you are truly ignorant or wilfully trying to ascribe thoughts to me I am not advocating.

You wrote: "I hold a tremendous amount of compassion....for the victims of crime....I just hold virtually none for the predators."

Again, I am not talking about the GUILTY I am talking about the INNOCENT who are surely as the Lord lives locked up besides the Guilty as we speak.

I am not saying let 1,000 guilty men go to spare 1 innocent man, I AM SAYING, let 1,000 do life without the possibility of parole as opposed to executing 1 innocent.

Basic scriptural principal JMK, doesn't take a theology degree to understand it, that is why I am surprised at Christian ignoring one of Jesus' basic teachings on this of which I can find clear chapter and verse dealing with the concept at hand: Matthew 13.29-30 "But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. LET BOTH GROW together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn."

Further than that, a CHRISTIAN should be of the presupposition that the perp while serving LIFE has every opportunity to REPENT, which we should want. If you are not a Christian JMK, this theology does not apply to you.

Like I said, there are some crimes that I personally would execute someone for doing, wouldn't bother me at all, I guess that I just understand, that I can't write a law to execute only the people "We really know are guilty" and further I believe that our criminal justice system is comprised of people, judges, lawyers, police officers, juries etc., who are as HUMAN and as FLAWED as I am and will make, if they have not already, mistakes. Sometimes by accident, sometimes by design, sometimes ON PURPOSE.

Like we say in the Corps" "Its always funny till it happens to you".

JMK said...

"My suggestion that life in prison for the guilty is better than death to the INNOCENT because HUMANS will always screw up and some of the INNOCENT will perish with the guilty is not saying let the guilty free...." (DJBA)
<
<
And that suggestion is both naive and wrong.

Today, the death penalty is reserved for the most heinous crimes - torture murders, mass murders, serial killers, etc.

And again, the number of people convicted of such crimes by DNA evidence (virtually 100% since 1995), makes the 0.0001% of those whose convictions have been overturned (virtually ALL convicted pre-DNA evidence) pale by comparison.

Some crimes warrant the death penalty - Ted Bundy, Tim McVeigh and the guys who dragged James Byrd to death in TX all got the penalty those crimes warranted.

And thank God for Texas! Thank God for good old Texas and their refusal to adopt "hate crime" (thought crime) legislation!

Byrd's killers got death in Texas, where they would've gotten free room and board for life in more politically correct locales like New York and California.
<
<
<
<
"I am not saying let 1,000 guilty men go to spare 1 innocent man..." (DJBA)
<
<
But that's really what you are ultimately saying....and that amounts to having more sympathy/compassion for the predator than the victim.
<
<
<
<
"Basic scriptural principal JMK, doesn't take a theology degree to understand it, that is why I am surprised at Christians ignoring one of Jesus' basic teachings...." (DJBA)
<
<
Scriptural references hold no weight at all with me DJBA.

I left the Catholic Church very early on because I came to the realization, the common-sense realization that all life is NOT sacred.The evidence of that is all around us.

We are NOT "our brother's keeper," there is NO "brotherhood of man" and there is no real "sanctity of life"....at least not in THIS world.

That's why I support abortion on demand UNTIL that point at which a child can survive outside the womb, based on the view that the worst possible fate a human can have is to be born into a dysfunctional, abusive or uncaring home.

It's why I support wars for economic benefits and to protect our commerical interests.

And it's why I support Capital Punishment for the most heinous offenders...and why I want to see mandataory DNA samples (no right of refusal) and a huge DNA data base to make convictions easier.

DJ Black Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DJ Black Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DJ Black Adam said...

@JMK:

"And that suggestion is both naive and wrong."

I am hardly naive, and wrong is relative. You and I do not share the same perspective, mine is based on accepting certain actualities, such as the fact that with or without DNA evidence I do not trust the human agency of the Criminal Justice system to always have the right person. You dwell in vengeance; I strive for justice, which is our fundamental reason for not Seeing Eye to eye on this.

So, it appears, that we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

You seem to trust the government more than I do it seems. That is funny.

You wrote: “Scriptural references hold no weight at all with me DJBA.”

But they DO with ME. So again, we are starting from two very different points, and it appears, because of my Gospel of the Kingdom of God view, and your JMK view, we will not agree.

Conservative Black Woman said...

JMK~You write "The FACT is that DNA evidence convicts far more people than it exonerates.

To date, just a handful of people have ever been exonerated by DNA evidence while hundreds of thousands have been convicted by it and rightly so.

In fact, since the mid-1990s, over 95% of all murder convictions are based on DNA evidence."
Thank you for bringing facts to the table as usual. You are the best! I'll check out the links.


DJBA~How is it that you accuse me of providing a FALSE DICHOTOMY when it was you who (or may UTS) who brough capital punishment into the equation? Also, I am not cavalier about the death penalty and passionate about justice for murder victims and strongly believe that the death penalty is appropriate justice.

DJ Black Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Walt said...

Hey CBW, from a CWM, I just wanted you to know that YOU ROCK, girl! I know you must take a lot of flak from people who believe that conservatives are evil, but props to you for using your brain. Stay safe, stay sane, kick ass.

DJ Black Adam said...

@CBW:

You write: “DJBA~How is it that you accuse me of providing a FALSE DICHOTOMY when it was you who (or may UTS) who brough capital punishment into the equation?”

It isn’t the subject matter, it is how you frame the argument which constitutes a FALSE DCHOTOMY or FALSE CHOICE.

You continue with: “Also, I am not cavalier about the death penalty and passionate about justice for murder victims and strongly believe that the death penalty is appropriate justice.”

You are cavalier; again, this isn’t about justice for victims. Of course we ALL want justice for the victims, no one is saying that we should let all the guilty people out of jail. Even if there is only ONE innocent person on death row, I say we give all of them Life in prison without the possibility of parole to keep from killing that one innocent person. Where you are cavalier is, you can’t seem to care about that ONE, and I say if that one were YOU or SOMEONE YOU LOVED, you WOULD care, a whole bunch.

Like I said, it's easy to show HUMAN COMPASSION for victims of crimes, it requires a SPIRITUAL GIFT to have compassion for those who are FALSELY ACCUSED to see past the need for VENGANCE on the truly guilty.

JMK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JMK said...

The "DNA is exonerating a lot of convicted innocents" argument is a canard CBW.

It has exonerated a few people, convicted laregely on eye-witness testimony and circumstantial evidence.

Far more (probably many thousands of times more) people have been convicted by DNA and for crimes that occurred long ago.

DNA has become so effective a tool for the prosecution that guilty defendants routinely try to avoid having to give up DNA samples and defense attorneys often try to get DNA evidence thrown out of court.

Just another person said...

"Anonymous 4:46pm~LOL...Clearly, you are a demented Black Quasi-Socialist Fundamentalist Progressive Racism Chaser...how do I know? Because a bonafide white racist wouldn't waste their time on a blog like mine. In fact the word "Black" would be enough for one so inclined to duly ignore my little space in the cybersphere.

What you fail to understand is that Conservatives be they white or black are adults who take full advantage of their capacity to reason therefore such paltry commentary is not indicative of those of us with higher intelligence quotients."

CBW~ I told my kids, after I read this, to come on over and see what this sort of person wrote to you. Then I showed them my resonse to you. Then I told the, "But don't you worry, I assure you, she will tutor them and then some!" So when I saw your response, I had to show them that too!! This is why we love you girl! We high fived each other, (oh to the racist out there, these were white hands high fiving! I hope that makes you cringe!) Thank you for your calm, cool, class! We love ya CBW!!

May 18, 2009 12:25 AM
Anonymous uptownsteve said...

Anonymous 4:46 PM represents the true thinking of white conservatives whether you black righties want to deal with it or not.

You can talk them, write them and reguritate their hate and paranoia word for word..

But you're still BLACK and they still don't like you.

No matter how much you dance for 'em.


You know uptight steve, you are so wrong in your assumption that most white conservatives think the same way as anonymous 4:46. If anything it is the total opposite. If anyone acts likes an idiot, they get treated like a idiot. Whereas if a person treats everyone the same, regardless of the color of their skin, their religion, their political affiliation, then they get treated with respect. You sound just like anonymous 4:46, if anything it may be you, just a thought.

Southern Drawl said...

CBW, thank you so much for the laugh! You are an amazing, intelligent and very classy lady. I admire your ability to stick to the issues among all these name calling liberals...

Anonymous is sick. Agree with Two Big Boobs, definitely a troll...only I was thinking slug. I am calling him a name because his message was just filth with no facts.

Also, totally agree with Judy Bright. Guys focus on the issues, not the color of your skin... WE Don't Care How Black You Are!!! Intelligent conversation about the issues would be nice. Although, once you leave out all the name calling and whining, I understand this will limit your rhetoric and debate considerably.

mbutler said...

Anonymous - You, Sir or Ma'am, are a total idiot. It is people like you who us true Conservatives have to get rid of once and for all. You are racist, ignorant, POS and need to find a life elsewhere.

teapot said...

Party-san Favors, NICE. I too cans play.

I voted Republican because no one in the history of mankind has ever been anything but straight, and am a fan of vapid slippery slope arguments.
I voted Republican because I believe that oil companies have never exploited the laws governing the economy in order to alter their gain, and don't have an unequivocal right fist in congress's ass.
I voted Republican because I believe funds that go to infrastructure and public services are ALWAYS bad, and I also pave my own roads.
I voted Republican because freedom of speech is fine as long as it doesn't defy the majesty of our empire or the infallibility of our flag and military policy.
I voted Republican because I see life as an epic war between good guys and bad guys, and bombing bystanders into oblivion does nothing to multiply our enemies and diminish our standing and alliances around the world.
I voted Republican because guns solve everything. Always.
I voted Republican because I am stubborn in the face of empiricism and so above research, which is why I chose to communicate this via this mysterious series of tubes which came from nowhere.
I voted Republican because the courts never wrongfully imprison and execute anyone and the church should have dominion over every uterus in America.
I voted Republican because I believe that poverty is a sign of weakness and nobody who wasn't a red-blooded American has ever fallen on hard times. The invisible hand never lets people perish or enter cyclical perpetual wage slavery (who didn't deserve it).
I voted Republican because I believe conservative judges need to revert the Constitution to its original state, because every civil right which we treasure and is characteristic of American democracy had an unmistakable provision in the original draft.
I voted Republican because my head is so firmly planted up my ass that it is unlikely that I’ll ever have another point of view.

Conservative Black Woman said...

Wow Teapot if you really believe that republicans\conservatives feel this way, then I suggest you watch more Fox News...you know get it straight from the source rather than the from MSNBC talking heads.