Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Emancipation Revelation Revolution

Bob Parks of Black And Right uploaded these videos on Youtube in 2006 with the permission of the producer Nina May. Every black person who is a Democrat party loyalist with an express disdain for all things Republican and an acute contempt for the Black Conservative should watch these short video excerpts.

Emancipation Revelation Revolution:: Part 1


Emancipation Revelation Revolution:: Part 2


Emancipation Revelation Revolution:: Part 3


I'm not sure if I'm more saddened or amazed as I am asked almost weekly "how could you as a black woman think this way or that?" My answer--because I'm free to stand on my principles. I'm not shackled by "group think". Shelby Steele aptly describes The Black Conservative as the "Free-est people in the United States". It's a beautiful thing.

63 comments:

uptownsteve said...

"Shelby Steele aptly describes The Black Conservative as the "Free-est people in the United States.."
ROTFLMBAO!!!!!

Try the most totally confused people in the United States.

Who else kisses the rear ends of people who openly hate them?

White racists like JMK and Linda come on this board and spew all kind of anti-black filth and the black conservatives do nothing but defend them!!!!!

It's absolutely mindboggling.

Isn't Steele the clown who said Obama could never become President?

Looks like Uncle Shelby was dead wrong about that like he is just about everything else.

Donna said...

CBW - God bless all who stand for righteousness. The liberal lie is being exposed thanks to you and others like you.

RiPPa said...

You really should read the book "Race Matters" by Dr. Cornel West, followed by the sequel "Democracy Matters".

JMK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Conservative Black Woman said...

I have read Cornell West's Race Matters albeit several years ago. If memory serves me it seems Dr. West feels that black people powerless and oppressed and searching for collective relevancy or meaning if you will but on their own terms--not doing that which is necessary for other ethnic groups. The sad thing is that I fear Dr. West has pegged a large segment of the black community. However he doesn't reject this "pathology" rather he seemed in my opinion only to offer excuses as to why black people need progressive, liberal white folks in our corner until we are able to heal. Anyway after I finished with Dr. West's "Victimology" manifesto I couldn't stomach following up on even more of the same by reading Democracy Matters.

JMK said...

"JMK and Linda come on this board and spew all kind of anti-black filth and the black conservatives do nothing but defend them!!!!!" (UTS)
<
<
Actually, I don't believe you could point to even a single "racist"/bigoted or even "racially insensitive" thing I've posted here.

You may find the truth inconvenient, but that doesn't make it insulting, nor "racist", simply because you don't like it.

RiPPa said...

@CBW: I don't know what version of his book you read, but he actually holds Black people's feet to the fire equally. He clearly points out the problem which hinders advancement for White Liberals when referencing the advancement of causes pertaining to Black people. He also equally speaks onnthe problem with conservatives such as yourself in that regard.

In short, Liberals (white) are not honest enough and hold people (Black) to account when it comes to behavior and action. Whereas, Conservatives (Black) often refuse to accept or embrace any historical context in their argument though being honest when speaking on the behaviors in the Black community.

Case in point: YOU, were quick to asses his book as "victimology" instead of what it actually was: a blueprint for advancement with understanding of the past and how we got here.

You need to re-read that book, and also move forward in reading the sequel "Democracy Matters". I suspect you won't because you, like others, have already branded him as a radical progressive. Therein lies another problem: labels, and the way people use them divisively for a purpose.

Constructive Feedback said...

[quote]@CBW: I don't know what version of his book you read, but he actually holds Black people's feet to the fire equally. [/quote]

RIPPa:

I just finished up a whrilwind debate with a gang of my close liberal friends via my e-mail account on the subject of Michael Eric Dyson.

They TOO believe that Dyson is "holding Obama accountable". This is laughable.

Dyson and West are like two peas in a pod. They want to hold Obama and the rest of the Black elected officials accountable from a LEFT WING perspective.

So let's test this hypothesis out RIPPa.

As we consider the public schools that Black people attended. I can not think of ONE majority Black school that is run by White Republicans or Black Conservatives. DESPITE the performance problems within these places - you don't see Dyson or West go beyond VERBAL considerations.

Where is their RETRIBUTION for this failure?

What do they propose to DO DIFFERENTLY - beyond more "leftist expansion" as they go against the STATE rather than the LOCAL DEMOCRATS that they helped get elected?

In summary - their WORDS are just that.

I argued with my friends that West,Dyson and the entire MACHINE which Obama and the CBC sit in company with needs to be subject to inspection and held MATERIALLY accountable.

In the Black community the popular version of accountability is to HELP THE DEMOCRATS GET MORE POWER so that these elected people who have our ear can finally be successful.

Conservative Black Woman said...

Rippa~You write"You need to re-read that book, and also move forward in reading the sequel "Democracy Matters". I suspect you won't because you, like others, have already branded him as a radical progressive. Therein lies another problem: labels, and the way people use them divisively for a purpose"

No Rippa you are wrong. I will re-read the book. I think I read the book about 9 or 10 years ago so it's very possible that I'm cloudy about it. I agree that labels are divisive so I'll retract my statements until I am clear on Dr. West's suppositions.

uptownsteve said...

JMK

"Actually, I don't believe you could point to even a single "racist"/bigoted or even "racially insensitive" thing I've posted here."

You really are a racist nut aren't you?

You just claimed yesterday that the white western imperialists who raped, enslaved or murdererd the aboriginal people of the Americas, Africa and Australia were actually doing them a favor by bringing them "civilization".

uptownsteve said...

CBW,

Are you going to write a thread about the racial hoax in suburban Philadelphia that was exposed yesterday?

Probably not.

But I bet you wrote at least ten about the poor white lacrosse players at Duke.

DJ Black Adam said...

@CBW:

You wrote: "My answer--because I'm free to stand on my principles. I'm not shackled by "group think"."

Do you see the blatant contradiction in your own statement when looking at your "conservative" group label?

DJ Black Adam said...

@CBW:

BTW Dr. West and Dyson are two different people.

And, you might want to pay a bit more attention to what Rippa is saying, he is quite on point.

theblackcommenter said...

thank you for these videos... it seems apparent from the comments here that there is a decided lack of willingness on the part of some posters to engage the substance of the argument. Instead there is a collapse into juvenile name calling and ad hominem attacks of the worst kind.

JMK said...

"You just claimed yesterday that the white western imperialists who raped, enslaved or murdererd the aboriginal people of the Americas, Africa and Australia were actually doing them a favor by bringing them "civilization"." (UTS)
<
<
Your reading comprehension is extremely poor UTZ.

Yesterday, I helped you out once again with yet another definition. This time, I explained the definition of entrapment; "Entrapment is the act of “getting a subject to do something that they otherwise wouldn’t do, OR engage in an act that they are unaware is criminal in nature.”Yet another example of my pateintly explaining such things to you (ie. debt vs deficit), because I don't want you to remain mired in that kind of ignorance.

I also explained how chattel slavery is inexorably linked to the agrarian economy. "Agrarian societies use slave labor. Always have. In an agrarian society, chattel slavery is a survival issue, an economic issue more than a moral one."It is ONLY the Industrial Revolution that slowly freed those without access to political connections/power and without significant wealth from serfdom/chattel slavery and even that was a slow and arduous transition, replete with “Company towns” that sought to tether workers to the companies they worked for."The statement, ""Christianity never conquered a single country.Some predominantly Christian nations conquered the more undevelopped and aboriginal peoples of the world...often bringing modern civilization to those parts of th world where primitive barbarism had been the norm until the Colonialists came..." and that is unquestionably true," is race-neutral and it CAN'T be seen as offensive, as it it's the unvarnished truth.

I also noted that "Sub-Saharan Africa’s cultural development was merely different than Europe’s and Asia’s."It may well have developed to the same level of modernity that other cultures have today, or it may have developed along a very different line that led to a far simpler, more environmentally friendly and more inter-dependant and cooperative cultural model, one some might find preferable to today’s Industrial/Information-based model. The same is true for the American Indians and the other aboriginal peoples of the world."AND noted another undeniable truth, "Today, we are all members of the SAME Northern culture. We all adhere to and support private property rights ("mine vs yours"), we honor competition above almost all else and we all benefit from the creature comforts and conveniences that have come from our being able to harness/control nature for our benefits via ever improving technologies."The fact is that the foundation of the world's aboriginal peoples was unsustainable and did NOT lead to an industrial or technological possibility.

It HAD to be changed....and that change came from a clash with more industrial-oriented and explorative cultures.

You can try again....as I said, I haven't posted a single racially insensitive thing on any board.

Just because YOU don't like a given truth, doesn't make that truth "offensive" or "racist".

DJ Black Adam said...

@JMK:

You wrote: "The fact is that the foundation of the world's aboriginal peoples was unsustainable and did NOT lead to an industrial or technological possibility."

You mean HAD NOT, we don't know which way it would have went if people in Africa had have had a less confrontational exchange with Europe.

Which you follow with: "It HAD to be changed....and that change came from a clash with more industrial-oriented and explorative cultures."

Change did come in that, the question is did it have to be the way it went down?

Conservative Black Woman said...

UTS~"Are you going to write a thread about the racial hoax in suburban Philadelphia that was exposed yesterday?"

A: I will have to google search what you are talking about because I'm clueless.

B: I have never posted anything about the "poor" Duke Lacrosse players

C: What do either of the above have to do with the three video excerpts.

DJBA~You wrote:""My answer--because I'm free to stand on my principles. I'm not shackled by "group think"."Do you see the blatant contradiction in your own statement when looking at your "conservative" group label?"


If you are saying that to ascribe to any ideology is a type of "group think" then I guess you are right that I have contradicted myself. However, I think you know what I'm talking about. You only need to look at the comments that both you and UTS have left implying that I am sort of "twisted" because no self-respecting black woman who dare hold the opinions that I hold. That's what I mean by "group think"....that I have been accused of thinking "forbidden" thoughts because I'm black.

BlackCommentator~I'm glad you appreciated the videos.

DJ Black Adam said...

@CBW:

You wrote: “both you and UTS have left implying that I am sort of "twisted" because no self-respecting black woman who dare hold the opinions that I hold.”

I don’t think I have inferred or implied that. I think I have stated that I believe most if not all extremist (be they conservative or liberal) are part of the problem and not part of the solution. How extreme you are, I am not sure, I have seen you attempt to look outside of the “conservative” ideology from time to time.

Other than that I agree with a lot of your opinions, you only baffle me when you ignore the blatant racism expounded by (some of your fellow conservative posters) and that of the party that corresponds with your chosen clique, that being the GOP.

Case in point, I have seen you resoundingly silent regarding what is going on between the so-called conservatives and Secretary Powell.

Conservative Black Woman said...

UTS~The racial hoax you are talking about is the white woman who claim she was abducted by black men?

Ok, so she is an idiot. What more is there to say? Are you implying by bringing this up that allwhite people are racist idiots? If so, how does that make you any less racist than a white racist?

Conservative Black Woman said...

DJBA~"Case in point, I have seen you resoundingly silent regarding what is going on between the so-called conservatives and Secretary Powell".Only because I didn't want to give voice to the utter disgust I'm feeling towards Gen. Powell of late. I don't understand how he could at the ripe old age of 100 (or however old he is) and completely change his ideology. Colin Powell has disappointed me. I used to think he was intelligent but after he said “Americans are looking for more government in their lives, not less,” and “Americans do want to pay taxes for services” I had to think again.

Either he was going along to get along all those years which is disingenuous and unprincipled or he is supporting Obama because he is suffering from the same malady that most are suffering from right now...willful ignorance because Obama is steering this country on the fast track towards socialism and destruction (because that's where socialism leads).

Black folks have lost their damn minds. Especially those who I once respected like Gen. Colin Powell --it sickens me.

I can't afford to pay more in taxes! I can't afford to pay more for my utilities,cell phone, groceries, gas, etc. (because of the stupid global warming, cap & trade crap). Gen. Powell was not speaking for me...I don't want more gov't in my life! I especially don't want the gov't involved with my HEALTH CARE!

JMK said...

“Are you going to write a thread about the racial hoax in suburban Philadelphia that was exposed yesterday?“Probably not.“But I bet you wrote at least ten about the poor white lacrosse players at Duke.” (UTS)
<
<
<
Where’s the equivalence between THOSE two cases?

There is none.

“The frantic search for Bonnie Sweeten and her 9-year-old daughter - which began after she called 911 Tuesday to report that they had been kidnapped in Bucks County - ended yesterday at Walt Disney World.“Sweeten, 38, and daughter Julia Rakoczy were taken into custody at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa about 8:40 p.m., the FBI said. Sweeten was being held by authorities in Orange County, Fla., and her daughter was safe."Sweeten will be extradited to Bucks County, where she faces charges of making a false report and identity theft, both misdemeanors. The investigation is continuing into possible theft charges, said Bucks County District Attorney Michelle Henry.“Over the last week, Sweeten withdrew $12,000 from several bank accounts and used a coworker's driver's license to travel, Henry said.“Authorities could not say why Sweeten fled her home - leaving behind a husband and two other children, including an infant daughter.“Before leaving, Sweeten called her husband, Richard, and told him to pass along her love to her other children in case she never saw them again, Henry said."Right now, I don't think anyone is in a position to discuss possible motives until we have talked to her," said FBI spokesman J.J. Klaver.<
<
<
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/20090528_Abduction_hoax_ends_at_Disney_World__girl_safe.html
<
<
<
NOTHING at ALL similar to the Duke Rape Hoax.

No one was wrongfully arrested.

No one was presumed guilty by a reckless and irresponsible media and a cadre of local College professors.

No one here was treated as though they were “guilty until proven innocent”.

Crystal Mangum, who’d filed false felony charges against three innocent men, was not charged for that heinous crime, Bonnie Sweeten is being charged.

BOTH Crystal Magnum and Bonnie Sweeten should’ve been prosecuted.

JMK said...

"I can't afford to pay more in taxes! I can't afford to pay more for my utilities,cell phone, groceries, gas, etc. (because of the stupid global warming, cap & trade crap). Gen. Powell was not speaking for me...I don't want more gov't in my life! I especially don't want the gov't involved with my HEALTH CARE!" (CBW)
<
<
<
Absolutely right!

Why would ANYONE want MORE government, especially since government action created the current Credit Crisis and Housing melt down.

America's car makers NEVER "ran wild" as goofy UTS claimed, they were saddled with unworkable UAW contracts that made their labor costs 1/3 HIGHER than foreign auto-makers who've come here and built cars.

There IS a working "U.S. auto industry", unfortunately for us, it's that run by Toyota, Volkswagon, Honda, BMW, etc.

Keynesianism (big government) failed us the last six years, the hyper-Keynesianism we're witnessing now seems about as doomed as Carter's policies that piled on top of Nixon's (and LBJ's) previous spendthrift Keynesianism.

I think it's going to take a Carter Redux replete with Stagflation to completely discredit the Keynesian view.

With the money supply more than doubled over the last four months...that's virtually assured of happening in the not too distant future.

Conservative Black Woman said...

JMK~You write "There IS a working "U.S. auto industry", unfortunately for us, it's that run by Toyota, Volkswagon, Honda, BMW, etc.Exactly! Because they are not inhibited by the Unions. This isn't rocket science why can't people understand this?

DJ Black Adam said...

@CBW:

Well I'll give it to you, you are a true conservative.

DJ Black Adam said...

@JMK:

"NOTHING at ALL similar to the Duke Rape Hoax. No one was wrongfully arrested.
No one was presumed guilty by a reckless and irresponsible media and a cadre of local College professors."

No, that was more like in your hometown up there with the whole Central park jogger mess....

Paul Ervin said...

why do i get the feeling that "black" conservatives don't like black people and/or themselves?? C. Thomas, Jessie Patterson, shelby steele, micheal Steele, Alan Keyes, Larry Elder, ect...

JMK said...

"NOTHING at ALL similar to the Duke Rape Hoax. No one was wrongfully arrested.
No one was presumed guilty by a reckless and irresponsible media and a cadre of local College professors.
"No, that was more like in your hometown up there with the whole Central park jogger mess...." (DJBA)
<
<
<
No, there was false accusations by the jogger....none at all.

She was still in a coma when those guys confessed during police interrogations.

In the Duke case, a woman deliberately and feloniously made false accusations, a rabid local and national media jumped in without any investigation nor concern for the facts and an even more rabid gang of educrats summarily pronounced the innocently accused "guilty".

In the Philadelphia case, no one was arrested on false charges, no one was declared guilty without an overview of the facts and no one was considered guilty until proven innocent.

But law enforcement somehow found the wherewithall to do the right thing in THAT case, charging Bonnie Sweeten with filing a false report and looking into alleged felonious theft charges.

In the Duke rape hoax, there were no charges filed against the egregious Crystal Mangum.

Again, BOTH those women deserved to be charged with felonies.

JMK said...

TYPO: No, there were NO false accusations by the jogger....none at all.

Devon said...

Brilliant brilliant videos! Great stuff Sister!!

Up here in Canada and other Western Countries, Black Citizens are all over the political map...many up here vote for our Conservative Party...also in England and France, Black Citizens are all over the place politically...it is only in America where they are so blinded and beholden to one political party...

A party that hasn't done a thing for them in decades and indeed, hurt them over and over again by getting them addicted to Big Govt.

Why the 90 percent of Black Americans cannot see through this charade is beyond me?? It is major blindness to be sure...very sad..

And God Bless those Blacks that have indeed left the plantation!! They are a minority within a minority standing for the Truth!!

Take care

Dev in Canada

DJ Black Adam said...

@JMK:

"She was still in a coma when those guys confessed during police interrogations."

Oh, so you seem to want to qualify where a person or persons were arrested for making false charges. I see, I just looked at the media and corrupt law enforcement factors. So, I guess you are saying no White woman ever lied about a Black man raping thme which resulted in a Black man (or men) being jailed? Is that what you are saying?

DJ Black Adam said...

@Dev:

"Why the 90 percent of Black Americans cannot see through this charade is beyond me?? It is major blindness to be sure...very sad.."

What is the charade? How is the GOP any better for Blacks?

JMK said...

"JMK~You write "There IS a working "U.S. auto industry", unfortunately for us, it's that run by Toyota, Volkswagon, Honda, BMW, etc.Exactly! Because they are not inhibited by the Unions. This isn't rocket science why can't people understand this?" (CBW)
<
<
<
"@CBW:"Well I'll give it to you, you are a true conservative." (DJBA)
<
<
<
Why would you doubt that DJ?

CBW has espoused real Conservative principles (smaller government, lower taxes and more individual liberty) since she startedd writing this blog.

CBW is right that the UAW contracts are what have killed GM, Ford and Chrysler.

The U.S. GOVERNMENT decided to allow foreign auto makers into this country and then allowed them to set up shop in non-Union areas.

In allowing that, the U.S. GOVERNMENT sealed the fate of the American auto industry.

They had only TWO possible choices back then, (1) hold the foreign auto-makers to the same UAW contract obligations the "Big Three" were or (2) help get Chrysler, Ford and GM out from under their own UAW contracts.

NOW, there are only two different choices, (1) help the U.S. auto-makers break those UAW contracts, which is what Chapter 11 will do, or (2) tariff or otherwise impose the same costs on the foreign auto-makers here to even the playing field...and risk losing tens of thousands of GOOD auto-industry jobs as those foreign auto-makers pack up and leave.

There ate thousands of Americans working for those foreign auto-makers, and they're glad to have those jobs, so they aren't apparently doing at all badly.

CBW merely stated a basic truth...not a "Conservative truth" or a "Liberal truth", just a basic, general truth.

And she's right!

JMK said...

"Oh, so you seem to want to qualify where a person or persons were arrested for making false charges." (DJBA)
<
<
<
You're not making any sense.

It's as if UTS is writing your posts on this.

Look, the victim in the CPJ attack NEVER made a false allegation.

She NEVER ID'd anyone.

She admitted, as soon as she came out of her coma that she really didn't see her attacker.

And ironically enough, the man who attacked WAS black.

Still, THAT case has NOTHING in common with either the Duke rape hoax OR the Philly abduction, in which TWO different women made two false reports.

In the recent Philly case, NO ONE was wrongly arrested on that false complaint, so no one was put through the media or judicial ringer.

In the Duke rape hoax, the woman made false charges and filed a false report against three innocent men.

Ironically enough, while BOTH women obviously committed felonies, only ONE was charged...Bonnie Sweeten.

Ms Sweeten was rightly charged, but BOTH women should've faced felony charges.

Take your keyboard back from UTS....PLEASE! He's making you look really bad.

DJ Black Adam said...

@CBW:

"Why would you doubt that DJ?"

It is mind boggling to me how anyone White or Black can be a true conservative OR liberal within the definitions of those ideologies.

JMK said...

"It is mind boggling to me how anyone White or Black can be a true conservative OR liberal within the definitions of those ideologies." (DJBA)
<
<
<
Well, maybe you're not defining them correctly.

Conservatism is rooted in individualism over collectivism, open competition over State coerced cooperation.

Conservatism supports SMALLER government, NOT "better" or "more efficient" government. It supports LOWER taxes so that people keep more of THEIR OWN money, in the belief that they know how to spend it best.

THAT is the essence of Conservatism, so as I said, maybe you aren't defining your terms correctly...

DJ Black Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DJ Black Adam said...

@JMK:

"THAT is the essence of Conservatism, so as I said, maybe you aren't defining your terms correctly..."

No, I am quite aware of what the definition of "conservatism" and "liberalism" is in practice and in theory here in the United States. Both are forms of extremism that I find highly incompatible with the true actualities we face as a county and as a society, nor do I think either by themselves can adequately address the issues here in the United States or the greater world properly.

I find it simultaneously fascinating and actually scary that anyone tries to fit the world in either of those two cookie jars.

BUT, that's me....

Harbinjer said...

I see the obamunists, upyours, adam ant and assortment of other dimocratic losers are here making the case for reparations. CBW, I am name caller and an extreme conservative and could care less about that idiot cornell west, I met that fool once, nothing but a clown. Lawrence Summers knew how to handlle that race hustler. Summers told this loser to get to work or take a hike, like all 60's lazy liberal academics he chose to run to another school with tail between his legs. CBW don't re-read that drivel, just more victimization and grivance mongering. I am black man in DC and see the worst of human civilization and I am glad Europe came to get me adam ant, better to saved by white Christians then murdered by black genocidist. You lazy liberal, especially you Rippa are a joke,Rest in peace, RIPPA I saw your wanna be atheist web site. Most atheists are liberal democrats who despise blacks, grow up. yes CBW, colin powell is a loser and has always been one, he attacks the conservatives but failed to run for the office hes always wanted, just another victim and loser. sorry CBW, the videos are great. To the conservative whites on this board, you are right, these are nothing more than racist blacks, I work with them everyday, they can't wait to spill your blood, sad but true. watch your back with these fools and don't trust these dimocarst. Yes I am black, I just despise people who hate there own country.

Constructive Feedback said...

[quote]thank you for these videos... it seems apparent from the comments here that there is a decided lack of willingness on the part of some posters to engage the substance of the argument. Instead there is a collapse into juvenile name calling and ad hominem attacks of the worst kind.[/quote]

Black Commenter:

LEAVE MY FRIEND STEVE ALONE!!!!!

He doesn't have much substance to draw from. What do you expect him to do but call names?

uptownsteve said...

JMK as usual has his head all the way up his racist rear end.

Having been the lone black in a room full of drunk white boys a couple of times in my life I know SOMETHING happended to Mangum that night.

I believe the scenario went something like this:

Drunk white boys call a stripper.

Stripper arrives and performs.

Drunken white boys either did not like the performance or felt she should have gone beyond her usual skit.

Drunken white boys refused to pay stripper.

Stripper gets an attitude, justifiably.

Drunken white boys amp up the tension, verbally assaults (and possibly physically assaults) stripper.

Stripper calls police with false allegation of rape (that claim generates more concern from the cops that drunken white boys refused to pay me for my services, which are stigmatized in the Bible belt).

On top of the fact that two of the Duke lacrosse players had criminal records and one Colin Finnerty, was a convicted felon.

While Crystal Mangum and Tawana Brawley are etched in the minds of white Americans as hoax concoctors thanks to the white media, people conveniently forget that white people blaming phantom black predators for crimes they themselves committed is a time honored American practice.

McCain campaign worker Ashley Todd, Fla Republican State Senator Bob Allen, Florida Teenager Ashley Laney.

And who can forget Susan Smith and Charles Stuart who actually murdered their family members and blamed it on the black boogeyman.

When Crystal lied nobody died.

DJ Black Adam said...

@Harbinger:

Nothing against "Adam Ant" (Love his song "Stand and Deliver") but it is BLACK ADAM.

And who the hell is asking for reperations? You really need to stop smoking that stuff man....

JMK said...

Actually UTZ, the two women acknowledged that (1) they arrived inebrited themselves, (2) decided to leave five minutes into the incident....THAT led to a dispute over payment.

There was nothing that led to Crysal Magnum making a false charge....one that her partner did not verify nor endorse.

Crystal Magnum and Bonnie Sweeten are both guilty of the same crime (filing false report), though in Magnum's case, she bore false witness against hree innocent men.

uptownsteve said...

DJBA

"And who the hell is asking for reperations"

Did you DJBA?

I certainly didn't.

As a matter of fact, don't you notice that nowadays the only people yapping about reparations and affirmative action are white righties and their black righty flunkies.

For most black American, reparations never was an issue because we knew it wasn't going to ever happen.

America will never fully acknowledge what it did to black folks.

And despite the groaning of people like JMK, AA never affected more than 10% of the black workforce, the predominate beneficiaries were white women, and racial discrimination against blacks in the workplace continued during the AA era, just surreptiously.

JMK said...

""And who the hell is asking for reperations" (UTS)
<
<
<
That's a good question.

I know I never mentioned that. You won't find that word in any of my posts.

Although, ironically enough, this isn't the thread where I responded to DJBA's asking "how to VALUE the wealth created by 240 years of free African labor".

"America will never fully acknowledge what it did to black folks." (UTS)
<
<
<
Sure it did....Congress even isued an apology for that.

You might have missed it, so here's the link; "Tuesday, the U.S. House of Representatives issued an unprecedented apology to black Americans for the institution of slavery, and the subsequent Jim Crow laws that for years discriminated against blacks..."<
<
<
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=93059465

uptownsteve said...

"Sure it did....Congress even isued an apology for that."

That's just friggin great.

What happened to the 40 acres and a mule?

DJ Black Adam said...

@JMK:

"Although, ironically enough, this isn't the thread where I responded to DJBA's asking "how to VALUE the wealth created by 240 years of free African labor".

Putting a vlaue on something isn' asking for a check for something. Hell I can put a VALUE on the land taken from my Ethiopian family by the Italians, doen't mean I am going to ask for a Check.

As for the "Congressional Apology" wasn't it YOUR "conservative" party that was hell bent againist it in the Senate?

uptownsteve said...

Harbinjer sez,

"To the conservative whites on this board, you are right, these are nothing more than racist blacks, I work with them everyday, they can't wait to spill your blood, sad but true. watch your back with these fools and don't trust these dimocarst. Yes I am black, I just despise people who hate there own country."

You my friend, are a head-scratchin', ass-kissin, self-hatin, foot-shufflin', lip smackin, chicken bone suckin Tom.

You'd let a white racist put his foot up your ass on the corner on 42nd and Broadway at high noon as long as he told you afterward that you were an "independent thinker."

DJ Black Adam said...

@Harbringer of Stupidity:

You wrote: "they can't wait to spill your blood, sad but true. watch your back with these fools and don't trust these dimocarst. Yes I am black, I just despise people who hate there own country."

First off cretin, who the hell is talking about “spilling” someone’s blood? Second off, both Uptown and I served this great nation so you can get off this “hate their country”, what I hate is dimwitted simpletons like you.

uptownsteve said...

DJBA

I come from 4 generations of black men serving this country in uniform as you probably did as well.

My great-grandfather and both grandfathers VOLUNTEERED for combat in WWI and WWII respectively.

Before they were even considered first class American citizens.

I never understood that.

DJ Black Adam said...

@Uptown:

"Before they were even considered first class American citizens. I never understood that"

I agree Uptown. My Uncles, Grandfather, etc., all served. When I watch the Tuskegee Airmen, I am always baffled and impressed.

It pisses me off though, that no matter how much African Americans contribute to our nation, you still got sychophants like Harbinger who want to act like we have no right to critisize this nation.

El Nuyorican said...

I'm flabbergasted that any sane thinking person of color would the intellectually impoverished Shelby Steele as an authority on ANYTHING.

his so-called "research" is laughable. His use of the anecdotal to generalize on the black experience is almost criminal, for example.

What's worse, however, are his ties to the Bradley Foundation which has a history of funding propaganda attack on black Americans. They funded the psuedo scientific "Bell Curve," a book that argued that poverty is the result, not of social conditions or policies, but of the inferior genetic traits of a sub-class of human beings (i.e., blacks). The book was widely seen as a piece of profoundly racist and classist pseudo-science, it was denounced by the scientific community. It had relied heavily on studies financed by the Pioneer Fund, a neo-Nazi organization that promoted eugenicist research. Immediately after its publication, Bradley raised Murray's annual grant to $163,000.

Also affiliated with the Bradley foundation was John Q.Wilson, the man who was the force behind Mayor Giuliani's fascist round up of New York's black and Hispanic men. Shelby Steele is an academic fraud suffering from a severe case of internalized oppression and selling that off as research.

SMH

Constructive Feedback said...

[quote]
Having been the lone black in a room full of drunk white boys a couple of times in my life I know SOMETHING happended to Mangum that night.[/quote]

NOW I see what is wrong with Steve.

He was sodomized by a group of White men while he was drunk.

Now he holds a grudge against all White folks.

uptownsteve said...

Now CF,

Your beloved white folks would never do something as vile as sodomize a black person, would they?

You don't believe they did anything to Crystal, do you?

So why would you even entertain the thought of some upstanding white guys buggering a big rusty brutha?

Your "honorary white" card is gonna get revoked talking like this.

JMK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JMK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JMK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JMK said...

Apparently, in UTZ’ view there should be no charges filed against anyone who makes a false charge.

Some will say “No, he only supports blacks who make false charges,” but I don’t believe he feels that false charges, in general, are a big deal, whether they’re made by the likes of Bonnie Sweeten, Susan Smith (the South Carolina woman, who murdered her two small children and claimed a black man stole her car and drove into the lake with her two kids inside). Moreover, he has never, to my knowledge, made an assertion like, “I believe Crystal Mangum and I think some crime was commited against her that night.” If UTZ DID believe that, why wouldn’t he simply say that?

Probably because that’s an INSANE viewpoint.

But there’s no other possible explanation for UTZ’s views. After all, Crytal Gail Mangum’s charges were proven to be false in court! On April 11, 2007, North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper dropped all charges and declared the three players innocent. Cooper stated that the charged players – Reade Seligmann, Collin Finnerty, and David Evans – were victims of a "tragic rush to accuse." Cooper pointed to several inconsistencies in Mangum’s accounts of the evening as well as unimpeachable alibi evidence provided by Seligmann and Finnerty in the summary of findings report. The Durham Police Department has also come under fire for violating their own policies by allowing Nifong to act as the de facto head of the investigation...Shortly after the party, the prosecution ordered 46 of the 47 team members to provide DNA samples (the only black member of the team was exempt since Mangum had stated that her attackers were white), though some members had been absent from the party. The players gave cheek swabs and statements to the police the day after the party. They also offered to take lie-detector tests, but the police turned them down. On Monday, April 10, 2006, it was revealed that DNA testing had failed to connect any of the 46 tested members of the Duke University men's lacrosse team. After the initial rounds of testing done by the state crime lab were completed, the district attorney sought the services of a private laboratory (DNA Security of Burlington) to conduct additional tests. DNA from multiple males was found inside Mangum and upon the rape kit items that had been tested. However, Nifong falsely represented to the public and to the court that DNA had only been found from a single male source, her boyfriend.On December 13, 2006, defense attorneys filed court papers stating that the private lab had found DNA from multiple males in Mangum's body— but none that belonged to the accused players.On September 7, 2007, it was reported that the ex-players planned to file a lawsuit for violations of their civil rights against the city of Durham, and several city employees, unless the city agreed to a settlement including payment of $30 million over five years and the passage of new criminal justice reform laws. The city's liability insurance covers up to $5 million. Lawyers have cited three main areas of vulnerability for the city:(1) The suspect-only photo identification procedure given to Mangum.(2) Vast discrepancies in notes taken by Investigator Benjamin Himan during his March interview with Mangum and Sgt. Mark Gottlieb's notes in July(3) The release of a CrimeStoppers poster by the police shortly after the allegations that a woman "was sodomized, raped, assaulted and robbed. This horrific crime sent shock waves throughout our community.”

JMK said...

Moreover, Mangum’s credibility was impeached by her own history of similar charges and of serious mental illness. She had made a similar claim in the past which she did not pursue. On Aug. 18, 1996, the dancer - then 18 years old - told a police officer in Creedmoor she had been raped by three men in June 1993, according to a police document. The officer who took the woman's report at that time asked her to write a detailed timeline of the night's events and bring the account back to the police, but she never returned.It has since been confirmed by the Attorney General's office that Mangum has taken Ambien, methadone, Paxil and amitriptyline, although when she began taking these medications is uncertain. She has a long history of mental problems and has been diagnosed with a bipolar disorder. She also has taken anti-psychotic medications such as Seroquel.<
<
<
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Gail_Mangum

JMK said...

"They funded the psuedo scientific "Bell Curve," a book that argued that poverty is the result, not of social conditions or policies, but of the inferior genetic traits of a sub-class of human beings (i.e., blacks). The book was widely seen as a piece of profoundly racist and classist pseudo-science, it was denounced by the scientific community." (El Nuyorican)<
<
<
WHY do so many people who’ve obviously NEVER READ that nearly 1,000 page tome claim to know so much about it?

I DID read that book and it had less than 20 pages that dealt with the issue of race/ethnicity and IQ.

It DOES NOT posit that poverty is the result, "not of social conditions or policies, but of the inferior genetic traits of a sub-class of human beings." Ironically enough, it argues that policies like “legacy scholarships” (to donors and alumni of major Colleges) have kept many more intelligent, less well-off, less-connected people out of schools that they would’ve benefited far more from. Their point is that before 1960, there were far more students from lower middle and working-class backgrounds in schools like Harvard and Yale, when legacy positions didn’t exist, and when grades and test scores placed the most talented students into those ranks.

It also argued that such policies do not help the less intelligent scions of the well-off and well-connected do better in life and points to many of today’s entrepreneurs who either dropped out of prestige colleges or simply never went.

Its central point is that intelligence is a better predictor of many factors including financial income, job performance, unwed pregnancy, and crime than parents' socioeconomic status or education level. Also, the book argues that those with high intelligence, which it called the "cognitive elite", are becoming separated from the general population of those with average and below-average intelligence and that this is a dangerous social trend.

Much of the controversy surrounds less than 20 pages of the book, in which the authors wrote about the enduring racial differences in intelligence and discuss implications of those differences. "It seems highly likely to us that both genes and the environment have something to do with racial differences." The introduction to the chapter more cautiously states, "The debate about whether and how much genes and environment have to do with ethnic differences remains unresolved."<
<
Part I argues that social stratification on the basis of intelligence has been increasing since the beginning of the twentieth century.
<
<
Part II presents original research showing significant correlations between intelligence and various social and economic outcomes. For instance, based on data as of 1989 this section shows that among non-Hispanic whites, intelligence level (cognitive class) is a better predictor of poverty than parents' socioeconomic class.
<
<
Part III, by far the most controversial, examines what role IQ plays in contributing to social and economic differences between ethnic groups in the United States.
<
<
Part IV discusses the implications of the findings for education and social policy in the United States.

JMK said...

The Bell Curve argues that:
<
<
(*) Intelligence exists and is accurately measurable across racial, language, and national boundaries.
<
<
(*) Intelligence is one, if not the most, important correlative factor in economic, social, and overall success in the United States, and is becoming more important.
<
<
(*) Intelligence is largely (40% to 80%) genetically heritable.
<
<
(*) No one has so far been able to manipulate IQ long term to any significant degree through changes in environmental factors - except for child adoption - and in light of their failure such approaches are becoming less promising.
<
<
Their view is that the USA has been in denial regarding these facts, and in light of these findings a better public understanding of the nature of intelligence and its social correlates is necessary to guide future policy decisions in America.
<
<
Their evidence comes from an analysis of data compiled in the National Longitudinal Study of Youth (NLSY), a study conducted by the U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics tracking thousands of Americans starting in the 1980s. All participants in the NLSY took the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB), a battery of ten tests taken by all who apply for entry into the armed services. Four of those tests comprise the Armed Forces Qualification Test, a measure of cognitive ability comparable to an IQ test. (Some had taken an IQ test in high school, and the median correlation of the AFQT and those tests was .81.) Participants were later evaluated for social and economic outcomes. In general, IQ/AFQT scores were a better predictor of life outcomes than social class background.
<
<
Similarly, after statistically controlling for differences in IQ, many outcome differences between racial-ethnic groups disappeared. (See also Significance of group IQ differences.)In its defense, fifty-two professors, most of them psychologists including researchers in the study of intelligence and related fields, signed an opinion statement titled "Mainstream Science on Intelligence" endorsing the views presented in The Bell Curve. The statement was written by psychologist Linda Gottfredson and published in The Wall Street Journal in 1994 and reprinted in the Intelligence. Only seven of the 100 invitees contacted said the statement did not represent the mainstream view of intelligence. In other words, 97% of the academics in that field agree that the views of Murray and Hernstein are "represent the mainstream views on that subject."

JMK said...

In fact, they (Murray and Hernstein) do NOT even assert what I and others (such as Bill Bratton) do, which is that POVERTY, like wealth creation is CAUSED/GENERATED entirely by BEHAVIORS.In short, there is NO “bad luck” function of poverty.

Poverty DOES NOT cause or trigger violence, quite the reverse. The very same BEHAVIORS linked to violence (recklessness, irresponsibility, poor impulse control, the inability to delay gratification and plan for long term gain) are also the primary behaviors that cause poverty.

Moreover, there was no “fascist round up of black and Hispanic men” by Rudy Guiliani.

Guiliani’s incredibly successful and much copied anti-crime initiative (ComStat) was designed and implemented by William Bratton, a visionary in the field of human behavior and crime prevention.

Bill Bratton’s views are far closer to my own - in esswence, that poverty, wealth-generation and all other major “quality of life” factors of humans are BEHAVIORALLY DRIVEN.

To date, not a single soul has been able to argue against that view, which I first wrote about (violence, or at least the behaviors that cause it, also cause poverty, and not the reverse) back in 1982.

Today, among people who study human behavior and human pathologies, that view is far more widely accepted than the old, failed view that “poverty causes violence and violent people are ‘victims of an unfair and unkind society’ ”.<
<
Don't you think that SOMEONE...ANYONE would make an argument against the view I just outlined...IF THEY COULD?


Of course they would! It's just that few if any people can make it.

Anonymous said...

uptownsteve said...

DJBA

I come from 4 generations of black men serving this country in uniform as you probably did as well.

My great-grandfather and both grandfathers VOLUNTEERED for combat in WWI and WWII respectively.

Before they were even considered first class American citizens.

I never understood that.

May 29, 2009 1:40 PM
Blogger DJ Black Adam said...

@Uptown:

"Before they were even considered first class American citizens. I never understood that"

I agree Uptown. My Uncles, Grandfather, etc., all served. When I watch the Tuskegee Airmen, I am always baffled and impressed.

It pisses me off though, that no matter how much African Americans contribute to our nation, you still got sychophants like Harbinger who want to act like we have no right to critisize this nation.

May 29, 2009 2:27 PM
Apparently they are bigger men that the two of you will ever attempt to be.

DJ Black Adam said...

@Anon:

First off, I despise marks who hide behind "anonymous"

2nd, They may have been bigger men then us, I am sure we are BETTER men than you. First off, we don't have to hide when we comment.